Alan R. Moon
|Alan R. Moon|
|Occupation||Board Game Designer|
Alan R. Moon (born 18 November 1951) is an author of board games, born in Southampton, England, and currently living in the United States. He is generally considered to be one of the foremost designers of German-style board games. Many of his games can be seen as board game variations on the travelling salesman problem.
Alan R. Moon initially worked for Avalon Hill and later Parker Brothers. He started his own publishing company, White Wind in 1990. He now publishes his games through other companies, such as Ravensburger and Days of Wonder.
Selected list of games
- a full list is available from Moon's website in the external links section.
- Capitol with Aaron Weissblum (2001, Spiel des Jahres nominated, Deutscher Spiele Preis 5th place)
- Das Amulett with Aaron Weissblum (2001, Spiel des Jahres nominated, Deutscher Spiele Preis 10th place)
- Diamant with Bruno Faidutti (2005)
- Down with the King with Glenn and Kenneth Rahman (1981)
- Elfenland (1998, Spiel des Jahres winner, Deutscher Spiele Preis 3rd place)
- Get the Goods with Mick Ado (1990, Spiel des Jahres nominated, Deutscher Spiele Preis 4th)
- San Marco (2001, Spiel des Jahres nominated, Deutscher Spiele Preis 7th place)
- Ticket to Ride (2004, Spiel des Jahres winner)
- Union Pacific (1999, Spiel des Jahres nominated, Deutscher Spiele Preis 3rd place)
- Going Cardboard (Documentary)