Ritchson at the shoot for an episode of Hawaii Five-0 in April 2014
|Born||Alan Michael Ritchson
November 28, 1984
Grand Forks, North Dakota, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, singer, songwriter|
|Spouse(s)||Catherine Ritchson (m. 2006)|
Alan Michael Ritchson (born November 28, 1984) is an American actor, model, and singer. He is known for his modeling career as well as his portrayals of the superhero Aquaman on The CW's Smallville and Thad Castle on Spike TV's Blue Mountain State.
Ritchson was born in Grand Forks, North Dakota, the son of Vickie (born June 21, 1958), a high school teacher, and David Ritchson (born June 5, 1956), a retired U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant. He is the middle of three brothers; Eric, the oldest, and Brian, the youngest. During his childhood, his family moved to Rantoul, Illinois. At age 10, Ritchson's family finally settled in Niceville, Florida. He attended Niceville High School and graduated in 2001. In a 2013 interview with Indonesian magazine Da Man, he stated that he once obtained a full music scholarship but was overwhelmed. From 1999 to 2003, he attended as a dual-enrollment student and graduated with an AA degree at Okaloosa Walton Community College (now Northwest Florida State College). He was a member of Fine Arts Division's Soundsations and Madrigal Singers.
He began his modeling career in the Abercrombie and Fitch catalogue; he also modeled underwear for the men's online underwear store internationaljock.com. In 2008, he was signed to Los Angeles agency Vision Model Management and appeared on N2N Bodywear. By early 2009, Ritchson made his final appearance in his modelling career for Abercrombie and Fitch.
Alan Ritchson first came to the attention of the public in 2004 when he appeared on American Idol as one of the top 87 contestants in the third season before being cut in Hollywood. His appearance on the show was noted for his striptease in one episode in which he wooed judge Paula Abdul.
His television acting credits include a recurring guest star role on the television series Smallville as Arthur Curry, a.k.a. Aquaman, a small role as an army officer in the 2006 Hallmark Channel movie Though None Go with Me alongside Cheryl Ladd, and the role of Lucian Manet in the 2009 Lifetime original film Nora Roberts' Midnight Bayou. His role in Smallville marked the first time that an actor portrayed Aquaman in an officially licensed live-action production. His Smallville co-star, Justin Hartley, has since portrayed Aquaman in an unaired pilot of the same name. Ritchson reprised his role as Aquaman for a cameo appearance in the animated film: Justice League: The New Frontier, and the final season of Smallville. In 2009, he appeared on a third season episode of Starz's Head Case in which he played a male stripper. Ritchson also made an appearance on CSI: Miami, in which he played a dead victim in episode 19 of season 8. In 2011, he appeared in an episode of season 3 of 90210 as a love interest for main character Teddy Montgomery (Trevor Donovan). He played Thad Castle in Spike TV's Blue Mountain State as a captain on a college football team, until the show was cancelled in February 2012, after its third season.
Movie credits include a role in the 2006 film The Butcher, as well as a minor role in 2009's Fired Up! In 2007, director Robert Zemeckis used Ritchson for his facial image, physique and movement for actor Ray Winstone of the title character of Beowulf.
Ritchson portrayed Gloss, a tribute in the 75th Hunger Games, in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013). Ritchson also portrayed Raphael in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a reboot to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film series after the four previous films. He will reprise his role as Thad Castle in a Blue Mountain State movie set for 2015. Ritchson has been cast to star in Rooster Teeth Productions first feature-length movie - Lazer Team 
Other projects include an independent album called This Is Next Time, released in late 2005 and appearing in a Russian commercial for Orbit gum. Alan also appears in a web series entitled, "Enormous Friends" with his Blue Mountain State co-star, Rob Ramsay.
- This Is Next Time (2006)
|2006||Though None Go with Me||Army officer||Television film|
|2006||Butcher, TheThe Butcher||Mark|
|2008||Justice League: The New Frontier||Arthur Curry/Aquaman||Voice; direct-to-DVD|
|2009||Midnight Bayou||Lucian Manet||Television film|
|2013||Hunger Games: Catching Fire, TheThe Hunger Games: Catching Fire||Gloss|
|2014||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Raphael|
|2015||Wedding Ringer, TheThe Wedding Ringer||Kip|
|2015||Lazer Team||Adam||In post-production|
|2015||Blue Mountain State: The Rise of Thadland||Thad Castle||In post-filming|
|2004||American Idol||Himself||Season 3, episode 1|
|2005–10||Smallville||Arthur Curry/Aquaman||4 episodes|
|2009||Head Case||N/A||Episode: "Tying the... Not"|
|2010–11||Blue Mountain State||Kevin Devlin "Thad" Castle||Main cast; 39 episodes|
|2010||CSI: Miami||Paul Arnett||Episode: "Spring Breakdown"|
|2011||90210||Tripp Wilson||Episode: "The Enchanted Donkey"|
|2012||Fred: The Show||Expired Cow||Episode: "Expired Cow"|
|2013||Hawaii Five-0||Freddie Hart||Episode: "Olelo Paʻa"|
|2014||Rebels, TheThe Rebels||Tyler Stokley||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2014||New Girl||Matt||Episode: "Micro"|
|2015||Workaholics||Troy Torpey||Episode: "Speedo Racer"|
|2007||Beowulf: The Game||Beowulf||Character model|
- "RISING STAR ALAN RITCHSON: From Abercrombie to Aquaman - Netscape Celebrity". Webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- Andrew (November 10, 2010). "'Blue Mountain State's' Alan Ritchson can now say, 'I ate goat balls' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- Ann Oldenburg (August 9, 2012). "'Hunger Games' casts hunky Alan Ritchson for Gloss role". USA Today.
- "American Tidal: KryptonSite Speaks With Alan Ritchson (Aquaman)". Kryptonsite.com. October 20, 2005. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Aquaman (TV 1984)". IMDb. May 1, 2009. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- ""Aquaman Returns to Smallville", TVGuide.com accessed 7 Sep 2010". Tvguide.com. September 7, 2010. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (January 13, 2011). "90210 Exclusive: Teddy Hooks Up With Aquaman!". TVLine. PMC. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Sam Jones and Alan Ritchson will be on Spike this summer in new college football comedy « OSCK Superman Fans of Smallville Blog". Osck.wordpress.com. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- ""Lionsgate's 'Blue Mountain State' Cancelled by Spike", Hollywood Reporter accessed 16 March 2012". Hollywood Reporter. February 21, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- ‘Hunger Games 2′s Alan Ritchson To Play Raphael In ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’
- '@alanritchson confirms he will star in Lazer Team'
- Enormous Friends https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSgcDAMHPbbR9pT3TKP_1Iw. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alan Ritchson.|