Alan Roland is a psychoanalyst who has written several books and articles on the interface between traditional psychoanalysis and Asian cultures/persons of Asian descent.
As of 2008, Alan Roland was a board member of the National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis.
- ^ Alan Roland (1998) In Search of Self in India and Japan: Toward a Cross-cultural Psychology. Princeton University Press. ISBN 0-691-02458-8.
- ^ Alan Roland (1991). Sexuality, the Indian Extended Family, and Hindu Culture. J. Amer. Acad. Psychoanal., 19:595-605.
- ^ Alan Roland (1980). Psychoanalytic Perspectives on Personality Development in India. Int. R. Psycho-Anal., 7:73-87.
- ^ "Leadership (Board of Directors)". National Psychological Association for Psychoanalysis. Retrieved 2008-08-27.
- ^ Alan Roland (2007), The Uses (and Misuses) Of Psychoanalysis in South Asian Studies: Mysticism and Child Development. Chapter in Invading the Sacred, pages 407–428. Rupa & Co., Delhi, India.