Alan Zelenetz is an American film producer and comic-book writer best known for co-creating the series Alien Legion for the Marvel Comics imprint Epic Comics and a founder of Ovie Entertainment. Zelenetz also wrote several issues of Marvel's Moon Knight series and a run of Conan the King (issues #16–28).
While working for Marvel Comics, Zelenetz was the main author and researcher for The Official Handbook of the Conan Universe, a guide to the Hyborian Age, the fictional setting of the Conan the Cimmerian stories. The handbook was first published in January 1986 as a full color special issue. Subsequent rereleases were published in black & white reprints, the first one in June 1993 in a polybagged issue with Conan Saga #75 and the second in August 1993 as a free supplement.
Before becoming a film producer, he was a junior high school principal at the Yeshiva of Flatbush, an Orthodox Jewish school in Brooklyn. One of the science teachers under his supervision was the father of Darren Aronofsky, director of Pi (1998).
- Pi (1998) (Judaica advisor)
- Darkon (2006) (producer, executive producer;)* Darkonthemovie.com
- The Funeral Party (2007) (co-producer)
- Andorra scheduled in (2007) (producer)
- The Official Handbook of the Conan Universe, as mentioned in Comicvine
- Alan Zelenetz at the Internet Movie Database
- Ovie Entertainment
- Works in Marvel Comics (as a writer)
(with Bob Hall in early 1983)
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of a comics writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|