||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
March 5, 1990
Kauai, Hawaii, United States
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg)|
|Sponsors||Rip Curl, Reef, Spy, Sticky Bumps, GoPro, Rockstar, Channel Islands|
|Favorite waves||Hanalei Bay|
Alana Rene Blanchard (born March 5, 1990 in Kauai, Hawaii, United States) is an American professional surfer and Bikini Model. At 22 years of age, Blanchard has gained fame as "one of the best female surfers." Alana surfs on the ASP World Tour. Alana is involved in designing Rip Curl bikinis. She is best friends with fellow surfer Bethany Hamilton, and was present when Hamilton suffered the shark attack that cost her an arm. She is played by actress Lorraine Nicholson in the 2011 film Soul Surfer. Alana currently has her own show Surfer Girl, which follows her life in Kauai as a professional surfer and model.
- 1st place – Women’s Pipeline Championships, Hawaii
- Quarterfinals – Rip Curl Girls Festival, Spain
- 1st place – Rip Curl Girls Festival Jr. Pro, Spain
- 1st place – Roxy Pro Trials, Haleiwa, Hawaii
- 1st Place – Billabong Pro, Pre Trials, Hookipa, Maui
- 1st Place – Volcom Pufferfish Surf Series, Pinetrees, Kauai
- 3rd place – HASA State Championships, Ala Moana Bowls, Hawaii
- 4th place – NSSA Nationals, Trestles, California
- 2006 International Rip Curl Gromsearch Championships
- 2005 T&C Women’s Pipeline Championships. – 1st Place
- 2005 HASA State Championships. – 1st Place
- 2005 NSSA Regionals – 1st Place Explorer Women, 1st Place Explorer Girls & 3rd Place Open Women
- 2005 NSSA Nationals – 2nd Place Explorer Girls, 3rd place Open Women & 4th Place Explorer Women
- 2005 Rip Curl Grom Search Nationals – 1st Place
- 2005 Oneill World Cup of Surfing – 3rd Place/Users/
- 2005 Triple Crown Rookie Of The Year
- "Surfer Profile: Alana Blanchard". Association of Surfing Professionals. Retrieved April 1, 2013.
- "Interview with Alana Blanchard | Freaksurf Magazine". Freaksurfmag.com. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Surfer". Alana Blanchard. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Webster, Andrew. "Manly awash with booty and the beasts | thetelegraph.com.au". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Independent Newspapers Online (2003-11-03). "Teen's surfing dreams shattered in a second - World News | IOL News". IOL.co.za. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Female teen surfing star loses arm in shark attack of Hawaii shore". Owosso Michigan: The Argus-Press. Nov 2, 2003. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "The 20 Hottest Champions in Sports". Bleacher Report. 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
|This biographical article related to surfing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|