||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2013)|
Alana Blanchard at the EDP Cascais Girls Pro in 2013
|Born||Alana Rene Blanchard
March 5, 1990
Kauai, Hawaii, United States
|Sponsors||Rip Curl, Reef, SPY Optic, Sticky Bumps, GoPro, Rockstar, Channel Islands|
|Favorite waves||Hanalei Bay|
Alana Rene Blanchard (born March 5, 1990) is an American professional surfer and model. Blanchard has surfed on the ASP World Tour, though she has indicated she may take a break from competitive surfing in 2015. Blanchard is also involved in designing Rip Curl bikinis.
Blanchard is friends with fellow surfer Bethany Hamilton, and was present when Hamilton suffered the shark attack that cost her arm. Blanchard was played by actress Lorraine Nicholson in the 2011 film Soul Surfer.
Blanchard took first place in shortboard at the 2005 T&C Women’s Pipeline Championships. She has also won championships in the Women’s Pipeline Championships, Hawaii; Rip Curl Girls Festival Jr. Pro, Spain; Roxy Pro Trials, Haleiwa, Hawaii; Billabong Pro, Pre Trials, Hookipa, Maui; and Volcom Pufferfish Surf Series, Pinetrees, Kauai.
- "Surfer Profile: Alana Blanchard". Association of Surfing Professionals. Retrieved February 1, 2015.
- "Surfer". Alana Blanchard. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Alana Blanchard is the most popular surfer in the world but she can’t win a heat, news.com.au, retrieved February 1, 2015
- Webster, Andrew. "Manly awash with booty and the beasts | thetelegraph.com.au". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- Independent Newspapers Online (2003-11-03). "Teen's surfing dreams shattered in a second - World News | IOL News". IOL.co.za. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
- "Female teen surfing star loses arm in shark attack of Hawaii shore". Owosso Michigan: The Argus-Press. Nov 2, 2003. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- Anne Beasley Weber, "Pipeline is for Girls," Surfline.com, publication date unknown, retrieved February 1, 2015
- "The 20 Hottest Champions in Sports". Bleacher Report. 2012-01-26. Retrieved 2012-02-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alana Blanchard.|
|This biographical article related to surfing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|