Alana de la Garza
|Alana de la Garza|
June 18, 1976 |
Columbus, Ohio, United States
|Spouse(s)||Michael Roberts (2008–present)|
Alana de la Garza (born June 18, 1976) is an American actress. She is most famous for her role as ADA Connie Rubirosa on the television series Law & Order and its short-lived spin-off, Law & Order: LA.
De la Garza was born in Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio, to a Mexican-American father and an Irish-American mother. She was raised in El Paso, El Paso County, Texas. She won the "Miss Photogenic" title in the Miss El Paso Teen USA local beauty pageant. She then became a special-needs teacher and enrolled at the University of Texas, studying physical therapy and social work. Upon graduating, she landed some small roles while living in Orlando, Florida, and soon moved to New York City.
In 2001, she was featured in the music video for Brooks & Dunn's song "Ain't Nothing 'bout You". She obtained the role of Rosa Santos on the soap opera, All My Children, guest-starring roles in JAG, Charmed, Two and a Half Men, (2004) and Las Vegas. She starred as Maria in the short-lived television series The Mountain, in which she received high marks for her acting.
In 2006, she starred in the film Mr. Fix-It co-starring David Boreanaz. She also guest-starred as an evil Kryptonian (named "Aethyr" in promotional materials) in the fifth season premiere episode of Smallville and played the recurring role of Marisol Delko Caine on the CBS television series CSI: Miami. She has twice been featured in the "Girls of Maxim" online gallery.
In 2006, she joined the cast of NBC's Law & Order during the premiere of the 17th season, portraying Assistant District Attorney Connie Rubirosa. Her performance as ADA Rubirosa has been widely praised by critics. In 2007, she earned a nomination for "Best Supporting Actress-Television" by the Imagen Foundation Awards. Following in 2008, she was nominated for an ALMA Award as "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Television Series". Later that year, she garnered an "Impact Award" for "Outstanding Performance in a Dramatic Television Series" by the National Hispanic Media Coalition. De la Garza played Rubirosa for the final four seasons of Law & Order, becoming one of the longest-serving actors in the junior ADA role.
On October 28, 2013, it was reported that Alana de la Garza will be guest starring in an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Connie Rubirosa. Rubirosa, who had previously been a Manhattan ADA, is now a Federal Prosecutor, heading up a joint task force on underage sex trafficking. It originally aired on January 22, 2014.
She married her longtime boyfriend, Michael Roberts, a writer, on May 31, 2008, in Orlando, Orange County, Florida. On September 28, 2010, de la Garza gave birth to her son, Kieran Thomas Roberts, two weeks early. On February 9, 2013, de la Garza announced that she was pregnant with a girl. She gave birth to her second child, Liv Elena, on July 7, 2013.
- Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1 episode, "Twisted Truths", 1999) as Ella
- All My Children (unknown episodes, 2001) as Rosa Santos #2
- Bending All the Rules (2002) as Woman ordering shots
- JAG (1 episode, "A Tangled Webb: Part 2", 2003) as María Elena
- Las Vegas (1 episode, "Pros and Cons", 2003) as Shelly
- Segundo, El (2004) as Delicia
- Two and a Half Men (1 episode, "No Sniffing, No Wowing", 2004) as Crystal
- Daytime's Greatest Weddings (2004) (V) as Rosa Santos #2
- The Mountain (13 episodes, 2004–2005) as Maria Serrano
- Mr. Dramatic (2005)
- Smallville (1 episode, "Arrival", 2005) as Aethyr
- Charmed (1 episode, "Desperate Housewitches", 2005) as Sylvia
- The Book of Daniel (3 episodes, "Acceptance", "Forgiveness" and "Temptation", 2006) as Jessie Gilmore
- CSI: Miami (12 episodes, 2005–2011) as Marisol Delko Caine (also archive footage on "Rio" (2006) (uncredited), on "Out of Time" (2009), on "Manhunt" (2010), on "Happy Birthday" (2010), on "Last Stand" (2011) (uncredited), on "Killer Regrets" (2011))
- Mr. Fix It (2006) as Sophia
- Law & Order (85 episodes, 2006–2010) as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Law & Order: LA (8 episodes, 2011) as D.D.A Connie Rubirosa
- NCIS: Los Angeles (1 episode, 2012) as D.S.S. Agent Dunross
- Deadly Hope (2012) as Joanne Connors
- Do No Harm (2012) as Dr. Lena Solis
- Single Ladies (1 episode, 2012) as Nicolette
- You Are Here (2013) as Victoria Riolobos
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1 episode, 2014) as Assistant U.S. Attorney Connie Rubirosa
- Extra (2 episodes, "23 January 2006" and "17 September 2006", 2006) as Herself
- Entertainment Tonight (2 episodes, "24 April 2006" and "1 May 2006", 2006) as Herself / Herself - Interviewee
- The Early Show (1 episode, "2 May 2006", 2006) as Herself
- Today (1 episode, "24 August 2006", 2006) as Herself
- E! News (1 episode, "22 September 2006", 2006) as Herself
- Alana De La Garza official web site
- Orlando Sentinel - Conversations in Hollywood with Coolio, Janice Dickinson, Alana De La Garza, J.P. Calderon, Leslie Moonves by Hal Boedeker
- NBC.com > Law & Order
- Entertainment Weekly - TV Review Law & Order by Ken Tucker
- TV Guide - Law & Order: When Courtroom Tables Turn by Matt Roush
- The New York Times - Murder, They Wrote by John Freeman Gill
- Internet Movie Database
- National Hispanic Media Coalition
- EXCLUSIVE: New Mom Alana De La Garza on her Return to ‘Law & Order’
- Alana De La Garza Joins Law & Order: Los Angeles
- CSI Miami: Alana De La Garza Returns for the Season 10 Premiere
- First Photos - CSI: MIAMI Season 10 Premiere With Alana De La Garza
- Alana De La Garza Promo Pictures CSI Miami Season 10
- Pilot Season: Law & Order's Alana De La Garza Scrubs In to NBC's Do No Harm
- NBC Orders Jekyll and Hyde Drama Do No Harm, Mystery Infamous to Series
- Movie Casting Roundup: ‘Wolf of Wall Street’, ‘Twelve Years A Slave’, ‘You Are Here’, ‘Claire’s Cambodia’
- "Scoop: Alana De La Garza Brings Law & Order's Connie to SVU — But With a Twist". TV Line.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Alana De La Garza Has Her Baby!". Latina. Oct 6, 2010. Archived from the original on 8 October 2010. Retrieved Oct 6, 2010.
- de la Garza, Alana (June 13, 2013). "due 7/10 but my son was two weeks early:) I'm thinking late June... Final countdown! Yeaa!". Twitter. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- De La Garza, Alana (April 28, 2013). "Yea!!! So thrilled to share the news of our new baby girl.... Coming in July:)". Twitter. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- Hernandez, Lee (14 July 2013). "Alana De La Garza Welcomes Daughter Liv Elena". People. Retrieved 15 July 2013.