Alana de la Garza
|Alana de la Garza|
June 18, 1976 |
Columbus, Ohio, United States
|Spouse(s)||Michael Roberts (m. 2008)|
Alana de la Garza (born June 18, 1976) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as ADA Connie Rubirosa on the NBC television series Law & Order. In 2014, she began starring as Det. Jo Martinez in the ABC series Forever.
De la Garza was born in Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio, to a Mexican-American father and an Irish-American mother. She was raised in El Paso, Texas. She won the "Miss Photogenic" title in the Miss El Paso Teen USA local beauty pageant. She then became a special-needs teacher and enrolled at the University of Texas at El Paso, studying physical therapy and social work. Upon graduating, she landed some small roles while living in Orlando, Florida, and soon moved to New York City.
In 2001, she was featured in the music video for Brooks & Dunn's song "Ain't Nothing 'bout You". She obtained the role of Rosa Santos on the soap opera, All My Children, guest-starring roles in JAG, Charmed, Two and a Half Men, (2004) and Las Vegas. She starred as Maria in the short-lived television series The Mountain, in which she received high marks for her acting.
In 2006, she starred in the film Mr. Fix-It co-starring David Boreanaz. She also guest-starred as an evil Kryptonian (named "Aethyr" in promotional materials) in the Season 5 premiere episode of Smallville and played the recurring role of Marisol Delko Caine on the CBS television series CSI: Miami. She has twice been featured in the "Girls of Maxim" online gallery.
In 2006, she joined the cast of NBC's Law & Order during the premiere of Season 17, portraying Assistant District Attorney Connie Rubirosa. Her performance as ADA Rubirosa has been widely praised by critics. In 2007, she earned a nomination for "Best Supporting Actress-Television" by the Imagen Foundation Awards. Following in 2008, she was nominated for an ALMA Award as "Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Television Series". Later that year, she garnered an "Impact Award" for "Outstanding Performance in a Dramatic Television Series" by the National Hispanic Media Coalition. De la Garza played Rubirosa for the final four seasons of Law & Order, becoming one of the longest-serving actors in the junior ADA role.
Also in 2008, she became the new face of Garnier Nutritioniste cosmetics.
On October 28, 2013, it was reported that Alana de la Garza will be guest starring in an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Connie Rubirosa. Rubirosa, who had previously been a Manhattan ADA, is now a Federal Prosecutor, heading up a joint task force on underage sex trafficking. It originally aired on January 22, 2014.
She married her long-time boyfriend, Michael Roberts, a writer, on May 31, 2008, in Orlando, Orange County, Florida. They have a son, Kieran Thomas (born September 28, 2010) and a daughter, Liv Elena (born July 7, 2013).
|2002||Bending All the Rules||Woman ordering shots|
|2005||Mr. Dramatic||Mrs. Dramatic||Short film|
|2006||Mr. Fix It||Sophia|
|2012||Deadly Hope||Joanne Connors||Television film|
|2013||You Are Here||Victoria Riolobos|
|1999||Mortal Kombat: Conquest||Ella||Episode: "Twisted Truths"|
|2001||All My Children||Rosa Santos||Recurring role|
|2003||JAG||Maria Elena||Episode: "A Tangled Webb: Part 2"|
|2003||Las Vegas||Shelly||Episode: "Pros and Cons"|
|2004||Two and a Half Men||Crystal||Episode: "No Sniffing, No Wowing"|
|2004–2005||The Mountain||Maria Serrano||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2005||Charmed||Sylvia||Episode: "Desperate Housewitches"|
|2006||The Book of Daniel||Jessie Gilmore||Recurring role, 3 episodes|
|2006–2010||Law & Order||A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa||Series regular, 85 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: Los Angeles||D.D.A. Connie Rubirosa||Series regular, 8 episodes|
|2005–2011||CSI: Miami||Marisol Delko||Recurring role, 12 episodes|
|2012||NCIS: Los Angeles||Diane Dunross||Episode: "Partners"|
|2012||Single Ladies||Nicolette||Episode: "The Business of Friendship"|
|2013||Do No Harm||Dr. Lena Solis||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2014||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Connie Rubirosa||Episode: "Jersey Breakdown"|
|2014||Forever||Jo Martinez||Series regular|
- Alana De La Garza official web site
- Orlando Sentinel – Conversations in Hollywood with Coolio, Janice Dickinson, Alana De La Garza, J.P. Calderon, Leslie Moonves by Hal Boedeker
- NBC.com > Law & Order
- Entertainment Weekly – TV Review Law & Order by Ken Tucker
- TV Guide – Law & Order: When Courtroom Tables Turn by Matt Roush
- The New York Times – Murder, They Wrote by John Freeman Gill
- Internet Movie Database
- National Hispanic Media Coalition
- EXCLUSIVE: New Mom Alana De La Garza on her Return to ‘Law & Order’
- Alana De La Garza Joins Law & Order: Los Angeles
- CSI Miami: Alana De La Garza Returns for the Season 10 Premiere
- First Photos – CSI: MIAMI Season 10 Premiere With Alana De La Garza
- Alana De La Garza Promo Pictures CSI Miami Season 10
- Pilot Season: Law & Order's Alana De La Garza Scrubs In to NBC's Do No Harm
- NBC Orders Jekyll and Hyde Drama Do No Harm, Mystery Infamous to Series
- Movie Casting Roundup: ‘Wolf of Wall Street’, ‘Twelve Years A Slave’, ‘You Are Here’, ‘Claire’s Cambodia’
- "Scoop: Alana De La Garza Brings Law & Order's Connie to SVU — But With a Twist". TV Line.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Alana De La Garza Has Her Baby!". Latina. October 6, 2010. Archived from the original on October 8, 2010. Retrieved October 6, 2010.
- de la Garza, Alana (June 13, 2013). "due 7/10 but my son was two weeks early:) I'm thinking late June... Final countdown! Yeaa!". Twitter. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Hernandez, Lee (July 14, 2013). "Alana De La Garza Welcomes Daughter Liv Elena". People. Retrieved July 15, 2013.