|Elevation||79 m (259 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Alangudi is located at  It has an average elevation of 79 metres (259 feet). == Villages in Alangudi ==.
- Kilapatti Rasiamangalam
- Kiramangalam (North)
- Kothamangalam (North)
- Kothamangalam (South)
- Kovilur Devasthanam
- Kulamangalam (North)
- Kulamangalam (South)
- Melapatti Rasiamangalam
- Mullankurichi North
- Mullangurichi South
- Neduvasal Kilpadi
- Neduvasal Melpadi
- Vandan Viduthy
- Vanniyan Viduthy
- Vembankudi East
- Vembankudi West
As of 2001[update] India census, Alangudi had a population of 10,742. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Alangudi has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 55% of the males and 45% of females literate. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Sri Chithi Vinayagar Temple, Kallampatti
- ArulMigu Permaiyaa Kovil, Alangadu
- ArulMigu Perumaal Kovil , Alangadu
- Sithi vinayagar kovil,Pachikkottai
- Papathi amman kovil,Pachikkottai
- Sri Chithi Vinayagar Temple,Namakkottai
- Arulmigu Dharmasamvarthini Sri Namapureeswarar Temple, Alangudi
- Sri Perungaraiyadi Meenda Ayyanar Temple,Kulamangalam
- Sri Muthumariyamman Temple,Kothamangalam
- Sri Mariyamman Temple, Vadagadu
- Sri Nadiamman Temple, Alangudi,kilathur
- Sri Mariamman Temple, Kallalangudi
- Sri veerama muneeswarar Temple,GH,Bharathidasan salai
- Sri Muthumariyamman Temple & Sri Ayyanar Temple, Vanniyan Viduthy
The Alangudi (State Assembly Constituency) is part of the Sivagangai (Lok Sabha constituency).
One of the famous old temples is Subramania Koil at Nagaram. Fourteen days of celebration is held in the month of April, i.e. the Tamil Month of Panguni. The temple is built on an artificial hill as it is the abode of Lord Muruga or Subramania, similar to Pazhani. The original name of the village called Nagaram is Jaya Nagaram had a Zamindari headquarters, a police station which does not exist where the land was given to one legendary teacher. The shape of the location of the Nagaram village is that the Lord Subramania Temple stand in the Centre and all four sides live different communities, i.e. the Temple faces East and has long road connecting Aranthangi and Pattukkottai, on Left of Northern side the Community called small business group "Pandaram" Western side has a big lake; southern side south-western is Zamindar's family, south side Temple priest of Brahmins, South-east live Devars, East-south is Chettiars, East-northern is Ambalakarar/farmersand on extreme east along the main road to Aranthangi to Pattukkottai located Cheri or depressed classes now very well advanced. The current member of legislative assembly for Alangudi is Krishnan.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Alangudi
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies". Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 31 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-12.