From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Alavi)
|Look up alawi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Alawi/Alawite/Alavis/Alavids/Alevis (Arabic: علوي) may refer to:
- Alaouite dynasty, the name of the current royal family of Morocco
- Alavi Bohra, an Tayyibi–Mustaali–Ismāʿīlī Madh'hab in India and Pakistan
- Alavids, Zaydi Alid dynasty of the Tabaristan, Daylam and Gilan
- Alawites, a prominent religious Shia minority sect in Syria, also known as Nusayris or Arab Alawites
- Alevis, a religious community in Turkey
- Ba 'Alawi sada, a family and social group in Yemen and descendants of Imam Ahmad al-Muhajir
- Ba 'Alawi tariqa, a Sufi brotherhood in Yemen, also known as "Tariqa Alawiyya"
- Chinarism, an anti-religious group in Turkey, also known as Ishik Alawis
- Alavi, Iran (disambiguation), places in Iran
- Alawi (sheikhdom), a historic principality in Yemen
- Alawite State, a French mandate territory in the coastal area of present-day Syria
- Alavi (surname), a surname for descendants of Ali, especially in South Asia
- Alawi (name), a surname and given name
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.