Albania–Denmark relations are foreign relations between Albania and Denmark. Albania has an embassy in Copenhagen, and Denmark has an embassy in Tirana. There live about 38,000 Albanians in Denmark. Both countries are members of NATO. Diplomatic relations were established in 1970. On 23 June 1971, a trade agreement were signed.
In May 2012, Danish Foreign Minister Villy Søvndal and Minister of European Affairs Nicolai Wammen met with the Albanian Vice-President and Foreign Minister Edmond Haxhinasto in Denmark, to discuss the situation in Kosovo.
Assistance and cooperation
Denmark also assists Albania with civil society and independent media. Albania is part of the Danish South East Europe Programme. 73 million DKK has been given to the programme. In September 2009, a programme for sustainable business development was launched.
In September 2012, Christian Friis Bach visited Albania and Kosovo for the democratic and economic development.
After the 2010 Albania floods, Denmark contributed with fodder and Danish ambassador for Albania, Karsten Ankjær Jensen said "It is vital that all good forces unite to help alleviate the disaster and suffering endured by everyone in the flooded areas. Hopefully our efforts will provide relief and ensure the livelihood of the affected farmers."
- "Albanian representatives overboard". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Albania) (in Albanian). Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Albania). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Danish embassy in Tirana, Albania". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Denmark). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Albanian Language & Albanians in Denmark" (in Danish). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Albanian History". Forumi Shqiptar. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- Victor H. Li (1977). Law and Politics in China's Foreign Trade. p. 153. ISBN 0-295-95512-0.
- "Trade Agreement". United Nations Treaty Series. 213 June 1971. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "A new phase of development cooperation between Albania and Denmark". Donor Coordination in Albania. Donor Coordination in Albania. 15 October 2007. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Søvndal og Wammen mødes med Albaniens udenrigsminister". um.dk. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark: Albania". Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Danish programme for Albania" (in Danish). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Assistance to Albania". Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Udviklingsminister Christian Friis Bach besøger Kosovo og Albanien". 5 September 2012. um.dk. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Environmental of Denmark, Danish Environmental Protection Agency and Albania the on cooperation for the implementation of the Kyoto Protocol to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change". WebArchive. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "ProMali - Feed emergency program in flooded Shkodra". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Denmark). 10 December 2010. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Denmark supports Albanian farmers after flooding". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Denmark). Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Cooperation between Institute of Danish Culture and Albania". Shkoder.net. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- "Speech delivered by the Danish Parliamentary Ombudsman, Mr. Hans Gammeltoft-Hansens, at the International Conference on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the establishment of the Institution of the People's Advocate in Albania". Republic of Albania People's Advocate. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 12 February 2011.