Albert Lautman (February 8, 1908 – August 1, 1944) was a French mathematical philosopher. An escaped prisoner of war, was shot by the German authorities in Toulouse on 1 August 1944.
His father was a Jewish emigrant from Vienna who became a medical doctor after he was seriously wounded in the First World War.
- ^ Mathematics in France during World War II
- Mathematics, Ideas and the Physical Real (2011) - this volume advertises itself as "the first English collection of the work of Albert Lautman" ISBN 978-1-4411-2344-2
- Original work
- Essai sur les Notions de Structure et d'Existence en Mathématiques
- Essai sur l'Unité des Sciences Mathématiques
- Symétrie et Dissymétrie en Mathématiques et en Physique
- Les Mathématiques, les idées et le réel physique
- Fractal Ontology (English) with translations of Lautman's work by Taylor Adkins and Joseph Weissman.