Alberta Highway 49
|Northern Woods and Water Route
Spirit River Highway
|Length:||272 km (169 mi)|
|West end:||British Columbia border
continues as BC 49
| Hwy 2
|South end:||Hwy 43 at Valleyview|
|Saddle Hills County, Spirit River No. 133 M.D., Birch Hills County, Smoky River No. 130 M.D., Greenview No. 16 M.D.|
|Towns:||Spirit River, Falher, Valleyview|
Alberta Provincial Highway No. 49 is a highway in northwest Alberta, Canada. It runs north–south from the Town of Valleyview to the Village of Donnelly, and then east–west to the British Columbia border where it continues as British Columbia Highway 49 to the City of Dawson Creek. In Alberta, Highway 49 has a total length of 270 km (170 mi).
The portion of Highway 49 from Donnelly to the British Columbia is also known as the Spirit River Highway. It also comprises the westernmost segment of Alberta's portion of the Northern Woods and Water Route. After Donnelly, the Northern Woods and Water Route continues eastward along Highway 2 and then Highway 55.
- Intersects Highway 43 at Valleyview
- runs south to north to Donnelly, where it intersects Highway 2
- turns west, and intersects Highway 2 again in Rycroft
- continues west to the British Columbia border where it continues as Highway 49
- Provincial Highways Designation Order, Alberta Transportation, p. 8
- Microsoft Corporation Redmond Washington. Microsoft Streets and Tips (Map) (2004 ed.).
- "Northern Woods and Water Route, Canada". PlanetWare Inc. 1995–2009.
- 2010 Provincial Highways 1 - 216 Series Progress Chart (map, 8 MB) by Alberta Transportation.
|This Alberta road, road transport or highway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|