Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations
|Jurisdiction||Province of Alberta|
|Agency executive||Ron Stevens, Minister|
Alberta International and Intergovernment Relations (or the Ministry of International and Intergovernment Relations) is the Alberta provincial ministry for international relations and relations with the Canadian federal government and the other provincial governments in Canada.
The Minister of International and Intergovernment Relations is the head of the ministry.
- Shirley McClellan, Conservative, Klein government, (May 26, 1999 - March 19, 2001)
- Ed Stelmach, Conservative, Klein government (2004-2006)
- Gary Mar, Conservative, Klein government (April 2006 - December 2006)
- Ron Stevens, Conservative, Stelmach government (March 12, 2008 - )
Alberta's most recent envoy to Washington DC is Gary Mar, appointed September 27, 2007. He resigned the post on March 16, 2011 to contest the provincial Conservative party leadership. The post is currently vacant.
Through the ministry, Alberta maintains offices and provincial envoys at the Canadian embassies or consulates in Washington, D.C, Chicago, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Taipei, Berlin, Mexico City, London, Seoul and Tokyo.
- http://www.albertacanada.com/business/international-offices.aspx. Missing or empty
|This Alberta-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Canadian government–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|