Alberto Antonini was born in Cerreto Guidi near Florence, Tuscany. His education includes a Doctorate degree in Agricultural Studies from the University of Florence and an enology degree in Bordeaux and at the University of California, Davis.
His experience includes involvement as senior wine maker for the wineries of the Antinori and the Frescobaldi families, two of the leading Italian winemaking families as well a several new world wineries, particularly in the U.S. and Argentina where he is a winemaker for E & J Gallo Winery, Altos Las Hormigas, Bodega Melipal, Al Este Bodega y Viñedos and Bodegas Nieto Senetiner. In addition he is involved with Concha y Toro in Chile, and as winemaking consultant at Chakana wines in Argentina, and at Okanagan Crush Pad in Canada.
His credits include Castello di Bossi's modern Chianti Classicos and Merlot Girolamo, as well as the Poggio al Tesoro wines from the Bolgheri joint venture between the Allegrini family and U.S. importer Leonardo LoCascio.
- Molesworth, James, Wine Spectator (February 2, 2007). "Winemaker Talk: Alberto Antonini".
- davinciwine.com Meet our winemaker
- “Got a crush”, “Vancouver Sun”, June 30, 2011
- gallo.com Passion For Quality : Alberto Antonini
- wikio.es Ahora se hace vino tambien en Buenos Aires, elaborado por Alberto Antonini (Spanish)