|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Hans-Christoph Wagner (PvdA)|
|• Total||23.76 km2 (9.17 sq mi)|
|• Land||21.87 km2 (8.44 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.89 km2 (0.73 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Population (August 2013)|
|• Density||1,147/km2 (2,970/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Albrandswaard ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the western Netherlands, in the province of South Holland. The municipality had a population of 25,078 in 2013, and covers an area of 23.76 km2 (9.17 sq mi) of which 1.89 km2 (0.73 sq mi) is water.
The municipality of Albrandswaard consists of the village of Poortugaal in the west and Rhoon in the east. They were separate municipalities until 1985. The name was taken from the historic municipality of Albrandswaard en Kijvelanden, which existed until 1842, when it joined Poortugaal. Albrandswaard actually is a polder located between Rhoon and Poortugaal.
Both villages have a metro station on Rotterdam Metro line D (Poortugaal station and Rhoon station), which connects in eastern direction to Rotterdam and to the main railway network at Rotterdam Centraal railway station, and in western direction to Hoogvliet and Spijkenisse.
Topographic map of the municipality of Albrandswaard, 2013.
- "Samenstelling college" [Board members]. Bestuur en organisatie (in Dutch). Gemeente Albrandswaard. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Postcodetool for 3176PD". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra (2006). "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten". KNAW.
|Spijkenisse / Oude Maas||Oude Maas
|Oude Maas / Binnenmaas|
|This South Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|