The Alcan Golfer of the Year Championship, also known as the Alcan Open, was an international golf tournament played from 1967 to 1970. It was sponsored by Alcan Aluminum Ltd. of Canada, a long-time corporate sponsor of professional golf on international circuits. A concurrent Alcan International tournament was also played. The 1969 tournament, played in the United States, was an official PGA Tour event.
- 1970 Portmarnock Golf Club, Portmarnock, Ireland
- 1969 Portland Golf Club, Portland, Oregon, USA
- 1968 Royal Birkdale Golf Club, Southport, England
- 1967 Old Course at St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland
Alcan Golfer of the Year Championship
- "Bruce Devlin take first in Alcan Golf tournament". The Bulletin (Bend, Oregon). September 21, 1970. Retrieved June 4, 2009.[dead link]
- "A Roundup Of The Sports Information Of The Week". Sports Illustrated. October 6, 1969. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- "A Roundup Of The Sports Information Of The Week". Sports Illustrated. October 14, 1968. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- Gwilym S. Brown (October 16, 1967). "Mod Golf Strikes At Old St. Andrews". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
|This article on a golf tournament is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|