Alcatel One Touch 980
(ALCATEL ONE TOUCH)
|First released||United Kingdom
24 August 2010
|Availability by country||Launch date dependent on country, beginning August 2010|
|Dimensions||112.5 mm (4.43 in) (h)
60.4 mm (2.38 in) (w)
15.9 mm (0.63 in) (d)
|Weight||152 g (5.4 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.1 (Éclair)|
|CPU||Qualcomm 600 MHz CPU (MSM7227 ARM11 processor)|
512 MB EEPROM(only 194 MB accessible)
|Removable storage||microSD card (up to 32 GB)|
Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 8 hours talk time and 400 hours stand-by time
|Data inputs||Resistive touchscreen
|Display||2.8 in (71 mm) touchscreen, 320x240 QVGA LCD|
|Rear camera||2 megapixels|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11b/g Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP
micro USB 2.0
|Other||Headset: 3.5 mm audio jack|
The ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 980 (stylised as one touch 980 and commonly abbreviated as Alcatel OT-980) is a touchscreen slider smartphone manufactured by TCL Communication. The phone was announced on February 15, 2010 at the Mobile World Congress. The Alcatel One Touch 980 was the first Alcatel to run the Android operating system, running version 2.1 "Éclair". The phone has been known to bear a strong resemblance with the phone, Palm Prē.
The ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 980 has been met with mixed reviews. CNET UK awarded the phone a 2.5/5. They praised the phone for its budget price, QWERTY keyboard and its decent performance but criticized the screen sensitivity and how out-dated the user interface felt. TechRadar gave the phone a slightly more positive review giving it 3 out of 5 stars but criticized the disappointing camera and how chunky the phone was due to the QWERTY keyboard.
- "Company: About Us". ALCATEL ONE TOUCH. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "Alcatel OT-808, OT-980 smart phones and the MWC". CellPhoneInn. February 26, 2010. Retrieved September 18, 2011.
- Wattanajantra, Asavin (September 16, 2010). "Alcatel OT-980 Android 2.1 smart phone flogged for less than £100". CNET UK. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- McFerran, Damien (November 15, 2010). "Alcatel OT-980 review". CNET UK. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- Vogel, Sandra (October 13, 2010). "Alcatel OT-980 review". TechRadar. Archived from the original on 5 July 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- Official ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 980
- Official support page, includes the user manual
- XDA Developers post on installing unofficial Froyo
- XDA Developers post on installing unofficial Gingerbread