Alcoa High School
|Alcoa High School|
|Alcoa, Tennessee, Blount County, United States|
|Motto||"Achieving High Standards"|
|School district||Alcoa City Schools|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Gray|
|Rival||Maryville High School|
Alcoa High School is a 9-12 public high school located in Alcoa, Tennessee. It is the only high school in the Alcoa City Schools system. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Alcoa High School currently uses a block schedule for their classes.
Clubs & Activities
Alcoa's athletic teams are known as the "Tornadoes." The athletic director is Josh Stephens.
- Football - The school's football team has won 13 TSSAA state championships, second only to rival Maryville High School (14) for the most in state history. Seven of these came in 2004-2010 in Class 2A and later Class 3A, during which the team recorded 84 wins and only six losses, including a 43-game winning streak that was ranked among the best in the nation. The win-streak ended when Alcoa was defeated by Maryville at the beginning of the 2011 season. Randall Cobb, who was drafted by the Green Bay Packers, is among the football alumni from that championship stretch. The team's latest championship came after a victory over Christ Presbyterian Academy in the Class 3A finals in 2013.
- Men's Soccer - The men's soccer team made it to the state tournament in both the 2009 and 2010 seasons under coach Tom Gorman. They were runners-up in the 2009 state championship, the best outcome since the program's start. The team is currently coached by Shane Corley.
- Golf - Three individuals have won the TSSAA State Golf Tournament Individual title in the school's history, the most recent being in 2010. The golf team is coached by Rob Daugherty.
- Men's Basketball - The men's basketball team is coached by Tony Jones, former associate head coach of the University of Tennessee Volunteers men's basketball team under head coach Bruce Pearl.
- Women's Basketball - The women's basketball team is coached by Tonya Johnson.
- Softball - The softball team is coached by Mike Brown.
- Randall Cobb (American football), American football wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League, Round 2 Pick 64 in the 2011 NFL Draft
- Dave Davis, former wide receiver in the National Football League, played for the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers and the New Orleans Saints
- Shannon Mitchell, former tight end in the National Football League, played for the San Diego Chargers for 4 years. Attended the University of Georgia.
- Billy Williams, NFL player
- http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/aug/12/seventh-heaven-for-alcoa/ "The Knoxville News Sentinel", August 12, 2010.
- http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/25/gorman-put-alcoa-on-soccer-map-in-5-years/ The Knoxville News Sentinel. June 25, 2009.
- "18 Randall Cobb". University of Kentucky. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "David Glenn Davis". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- "SHANNON MITCHELL". profootballarchives.com. Retrieved September 4, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alcoa High School.|
- Alcoa High School Web Page
- Alcoa City Schools District Page
- Alcoa iHigh Page
- Alcoa High School Football
- Alcoa High School Band
- Alcoa High School Soccer