|Founder||Broderick Johnson (president)
Andrew Kosove (president)
|Steven Wegner (VP of development)
Scott Parish (CFO)
Kira Davis (former VP of production & marketing)
Alcon Entertainment, LLC is an American film production company, founded in 1997 by film producers Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Since its establishment, Alcon Entertainment has developed and financed films that are ultimately distributed by Warner Bros., following a ten-year motion picture production agreement.
Alcon Entertainment was established on January 1997, and founded by film producers Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove, who are the co-presidents of the company. The company is headquartered on Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. Both Johnson and Kosove presented FedEx founder and chairman Frederick W. Smith with a proposal suggesting that an independent film company, backed by a capitalized individual or company, and aligned with a major studio for an exclusive distribution arrangement would reap profits on copyrighted assets over a set period of time.
Alcon's first major feature film was the 1999 comedy Lost & Found. In March 2000, following the success of its second film My Dog Skip, Alcon entered into an exclusive, long-term worldwide distribution agreement with Warner Bros. The agreement had Warner Bros. in charge of worldwide distribution of a minimum of 10 films produced and financed by Alcon over the next five years. The agreement also allowed Warner Bros. to co-finance certain pictures with Alcon. Alcon and Warner Bros. signed a new agreement in February 2006, continuing their eight-year relationship, under which Warner Bros. would continue to distribute feature films developed and financed by Alcon.
- Ormie (TBA, co-production with Arc Productions)
- Memphis (TBA, co-production with Belle Pictures and The Mark Gordon Company)
- Hong Kong Phooey (TBA)
- Alcon Entertainment - Los Angeles, California (CA) | Company Profile
- Class Notes - June 7, 2000
- Warner Bros. Pictures and Alcon Entertainment HaveEntered Into an Exclusive Multipicture Worldwide DistributionDeal. | Media & Telecommunications > Movies & Sound Recording from AllBusiness.com
- Warner Bros and Alcon Entertainment sign new agreement | News | Screen