|Full name||Aldair Nascimento dos Santos|
|Date of birth||November 30, 1965|
|Place of birth||Ilhéus, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
He spent the most part of his career at Italian club A.S. Roma, who retired his No.6 jersey number when he left the team in 2003. This retirement however was not indefinite, since the jersey will be worn by Kevin Strootman who joined the Roma squad in 2013.
Aldair started playing at Flamengo where he won the most important title in Brazil, the Campeonato Brasileiro. He moved to Europe in 1989, playing with Benfica and then AS Roma, staying there until 2003 and playing over 400 Serie A matches with the club, which retired his shirt number, 6. He then briefly joined Genoa CFC. On July 2005, Aldair announced plans of playing for Rio Branco Atlético Clube, and play two games, in the estadual championship. Rio Branco was champion in this championship.
In 1994, he reached the pinnacle of his career when he played for the Brazilian squad that won the 1994 FIFA World Cup. He also played in the 1998 finals. In total, he appeared 81 times for Brazil, scoring three goals.
Former teammate and good friend Massimo Agostini convinced him to play in San Marino for S.S. Murata in order to boost their Champions League campaign. After S.S. Murata's dreadful 7–1 aggregate defeat to Cypriots APOEL F.C. in the first round of qualifying for the 2006/07 UEFA Cup, Massimo Agostini decided to call upon Aldair to join him on the Italian Peninsula. Aldair took part in the Champions League qualifying stage in July 2007.
He is one of eleven members of Hall of Fame of A.S. Roma.
|Brazil national team|
- Portuguese Supercup 1989/1990
- Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio 2007–08
- 1989 Copa America – Winner
- 1990 FIFA World Cup – Round of 16
- 1994 FIFA World Cup – Winner
- 1995 Copa America – Runner-up
- 1996 Summer Olympics – Bronze medal
- 1997 Copa America – Winner
- 1997 Confederations Cup – Winner
- 1998 FIFA World Cup – Runner-up
- "Aldair Nascimentos dos Santos - International Appearances". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation.
- "Aldair's profile on sambafoot.com". Sambafoot. July 4, 2007. Retrieved September 28, 2007.
- Aldair at National-Football-Teams.com
|AS Roma Captain