Ehrenreich (left) performing with Nicholas Zaillian, April 10, 2010.
|Born||Alden Caleb Ehrenreich
November 22, 1989
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Ehrenreich was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Sari, an interior designer, and Mark Ehrenreich. His stepfather, Harry, is an orthodontist. His family is Jewish, and he was raised in Reconstructionist Judaism. Ehrenreich began acting at the Palisades Elementary school in Pacific Palisades, California, and continued doing so at Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California.
Ehrenreich was discovered at a friend's bat mitzvah reception by Steven Spielberg, when Spielberg saw a short comedy movie featuring Ehrenreich. Ehrenreich has described the comedic performance he gave in the movie as: "I ran around as a skinny little punk, trying on girls’ clothes and eating dirt". The meeting with Spielberg led to acting roles on television shows.
In 2007, Ehrenreich auditioned and won the role of Bennie Tetrocini in Francis Ford Coppola's movie Tetro. Coppola requested Ehrenreich read a passage from The Catcher in the Rye for his main audition. In April 2012, he replaced Jack O'Connell in the role of Ethan Wate in Warner Bros.' fantasy-drama Beautiful Creatures; the film was released in February 2013.
|2010||Ten Fingers||Harry||Short film|
|A Dentist||Alan Goldenberg||Short|
|2012||Beautiful Creatures||Ethan Wate||Disney Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role
Nominated- Teen Choice Award for Actor Romance
|2015||Untitled Warren Beatty project||Filming|
|2005||Supernatural||Ben Collins||Episode 1.02: "Wendigo"|
|2006||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Sven||Episode 7.02: "Built to Kill, Part 2"|
- Martin, Michael (2010-05-01). "Alden Ehrenreich". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- Keeps, David A. (2005-12-01). "Tradition, but with a twist". Hartford Courant. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Kvell Corner". Kehillat Israel Reconstructionist Congregation. January–February 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-27. "Mazel Tov to Alden Ehrenreich, son of Sari Ehrenreich, who was "discovered by Steven Spielberg""
- "Pacific Palisades ~ Palisadian-Post". Palisadespost.com. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Hill, Logan. "Francis Ford Coppola’s New Star Alden Ehrenreich on Not ‘Trickling Up’ - Vulture". Pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Barton, Stevee (2012-04-11). "Jack O'Connell Out; Alden Ehrenreich In for Beautiful Creatures". Dread Central. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
- "DA Man Exclusive: Alden Ehrenreich". :. 2011-12-12. Retrieved 2012-07-26.