Alderac Entertainment Group
|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Role-playing, Collectible card games|
|Headquarters||Ontario, California, USA|
|Key people||John Zinser, Todd Rowland, Mark Wootton|
Alderac Entertainment Group, or AEG, is a publisher of role-playing game, board game, and collectible card game products. AEG was formed by Jolly Blackburn in 1993 and is based in the city of Ontario, California. Prior to getting into their current markets, AEG was involved in hobby gaming magazines, with their first product the magazine Shadis (winner of the 1994, 1995, and 1996 Origins Awards for Best Professional Gaming Magazine).
Including the three for Shadis mentioned above, AEG products have garnered eight Origins Awards (see the individual articles noted below for more details).
|“||AEG's house system is the 'roll and keep' mechanic, but possibly their greatest contribution to role-playing systems is the concept of 'Action Dice' - these are additional dice awarded to a player for ideas, good role-playing or just amusing the GM; which may be rolled (and thus expended) to improve the player's chance of success when making any die roll.||”|
Collectible card games
- 7th Sea Collectible Card Game (Multiple Origins Award winner)
- City of Heroes Collectible Card Game
- Doomtown Collectible Card Game (Multiple Origins Award winner)
- Initial D
- Legend of the Five Rings Collectible Card Game (Multiple Origins Award Winner)
- Legend of the Burning Sands
- "Romance of the Nine Empires"
- Spycraft Collectible Card Game
- Warlord: Saga of the Storm
- The Adventurers
- Infinite City
- Tomb: Cryptmaster
- Abandon Ship
- Monkey Lab
- Isle of Doctor Necreaux
- Rush N' Crush
- Smash Up
- Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000
- Smash Up: The Obligatory Cthulu Set
- Myth: Pantheons
- Pressure Matrix
- Tempest: Courtier
- Tempest: Mercante
- Tempest: Dominare
- Tempest: Love Letter
Deck-building card games
- many d20 System Sourcebooks such as
- Brave New World
- Farscape Roleplaying Game
- Legend of the Five Rings Role-Playing Game (Origins Award winner)
- Shadowforce Archer
- Stargate SG-1
- Swashbuckling Adventures (previously 7th Sea which won an Origins Award)
- Ultimate Toolbox
- Warlords of the Accordlands
- World's Largest Dungeon
- World's Largest City
- Clan War (Legend of the Five Rings Miniature Combat)
- Varney, Allen (November 1998). "ProFiles: Jolly Blackburn". Dragon (Renton, Washington: Wizards of the Coast) (#253): 120.
- "Origins Award Winners (1994)".
- "Origins Award Winners (1995)".
- "Origins Award Winners (1996)".
- "Alderac Entertainment Group (description)". RPG Resource. Archived from the original on 25 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "Evil (Review)". RPG Resource. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "Dungeons (Review)". RPG Resource. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "Sundered Faith (Review)". RPG Resource. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- Newquist, Ken. "Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game (Review)". SciFi.com. Archived from the original on 2007-08-27. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- Kohler, Alan. "Review of Swashbuckling Adventures". Psion
- Mix, Brad (2002). "Review of Swashbuckling Adventures". D20 Magazine Rack
- Bassingthwaite, Don. "The SF Site Featured Review: 7th Sea". Archived from the original on 25 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-26.
- "Listing for Alderac Entertainment Group". The Miniatures Page. Archived from the original on 20 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-27.