|Genres||Heavy metal, power metal|
Aldious is an all-female heavy metal band formed in 2008 by guitarist Yoshi and vocalist Rami in Osaka, Japan. After a few member changes, they released their debut EP Dear Slave the following year and soon after formed their own record label, Bright Star Records. Their first album Deep Exceed (2010) reached the top 15 on the Oricon chart, as did their second Determination (2011). However, founding member Rami announced she was leaving the group in June 2012 for health reasons and new vocalist Re:NO joined Aldious just one month later. They produced their third album District Zero in 2013 and it became their highest-charting release to date, reaching number 7.
Guitarist Yoshi and vocalist Rami formed Aldious in Osaka in June 2008. In November they took part in the compilation album Red Hot Burning Hell Vol.16, soon after which guitarist Ruki and bassist Sawa left. In January 2009, Toki and Kaze joined as guitarist and bassist respectively, later the band released their debut four-track EP Dear Slave on November 7. Kaze left in December, and drummer Aruto joined in January 2010. March saw the return of Sawa on bass and around this time Aldious formed their own record label, Bright Star Records. Their first single "Defended Desire", released July 7, reached the number 4 position on Oricon's Indies chart and number 49 on its regular chart. In April, Bright Star became a sub-label of Spinning and the band released their debut album Deep Exceed on October 13, 2010. It reached number 15 on the charts.
Determination, the band's second album, was released on October 12, 2011 and reached number 13. The song "Spirit Black" was used as the ending theme song of the Fuji TV show Shimura Ken (志村軒). The album's single, "Mermaid", was previously released on April 6 and earned the number 20 position. On June 29, 2012, it was announced that vocalist and co-founder Rami would withdraw from the group due to health concerns. Only a month later, on August 3, Re:NO was announced as Aldious' new singer. This line-up's first release was the single "White Crow" on November 14, which reached number 19 and was co-produced by Akihito Kinoshita, guitarist and leader of the veteran heavy metal band Saber Tiger. On May 15, 2013, Aldious released their third album District Zero, which became their first release to break the top-ten. Its song "Scrash" became the ending theme song for the TBS TV show Ranking Kingdom (ランク王国) from June to July. It was reported that for the album the band intentionally toned down their appearance and aimed for a "pure metal sound", so as to be recognized for their musicianship rather than being an all-female band.
- Formerly in the band RazFarby. Uses her own signature models by Combat Guitars; Aly 450 Deco Custom, Aly 700 and ALD-I. Official blog
- Toki (トキ) – guitar (2009–present)
- Formerly in the all-female bands Layla and Chemicaloid No.000. Uses her own signature models by Combat Guitars; Alt 450 Deco Custom, Alt 550 and ALD-II. Official blog
- Aruto – drums (2010–present)
- Formerly in the bands Heaven and Tenshou -Meteoric Force-. Uses Pearl Reference series drums, Sabian cymbals and her own signature Pearl drumsticks. Official blog
- Sawa (サワ) – bass (2008, 2010–present)
- Was simultaneously in the all-female melodic death metal band G∀LMET, until withdrawing from them in October 2011. Uses her own signature models by Combat Guitars; Als 450 Deco Custom, Als 500 and ALD-III. Official blog
- Re:NO – vocals (2012–present)
- Former members
- Hime Ruki (髏姫-RUKI-, lit. Princess Ruki) – guitar (2008)
- Currently in the all-female melodic death metal band G∀LMET. Official blog
- Kaze (風-Kaze-) – bass (2009)
- Currently in the band Crying Machine under the name Fuko, and formerly a member of Manipulated Slaves. Official blog
- Rami – vocals (2008–2012)
- Formerly in the band Area and performed backing vocals on Manipulated Slaves' 2009 album Back From The Damnation. Uses a Shure SM58-LCE customized with rhinestones. Official blog
- Dear Slave (November 7, 2009, EP)
- Deep Exceed (October 13, 2010), Oricon Weekly Albums Chart Peak Position: No. 15, Oricon Indies Albums Chart: No. 1
- Determination (October 12, 2011) No. 13, Indies No. 2
- District Zero (May 15, 2013) No. 7
- "Defended Desire" (July 7, 2010), Oricon Weekly Singles Chart Peak Position: No. 49, Oricon Indies Singles Chart: No. 4
- "Mermaid" (April 6, 2011) No. 20, Indies No. 1
- "White Crow" (November 14, 2012) No. 19, Indies No. 3
- "Dominator / I Don't Like Me" (October 9, 2013) No. 12
- Red Hot Burning Hell Vol.16 (November 15, 2008)
- With the songs "Ultimate Melodious" and "Shion" (紫苑).
- Determination Tour 2011 -Live at Shibuya O-East- (May 16, 2012), Oricon Weekly DVDs Chart Peak Position: No. 6
- "These Girls Will Rock Your Brains Out". Kotaku. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Female metal band, ALDIOUS, release new PV". tokyohive.com. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Aldiousのシングル売り上げランキング". Oricon (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Aldiousのアルバム売り上げランキング". Oricon (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Aldious is Back with New Album this October!". jpopasia.com. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Rami to Leave Aldious for Health Reasons". musicjapanplus.jp. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- "Aldious with new Vocalist Re:NO!". musicjapanplus.jp. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- "Aldious Releasing Official Music Video for New Single "White Crow"". musicjapanplus.jp. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "アルディアス、新ボーカルにRe:NOを迎え3rdシングル発表". barks.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- "アルディアス、「新旧隔たりなく、数多くのリスナーに納得してもらえる1作」". barks.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Aldious: 'Work that will appeal equally to both old and new fans'". barks.jp. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Back From The Damnation MANIPULATED SLAVES (CD)". cdjapan.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- "AldiousのDVD売り上げランキング". Oricon (in Japanese). Retrieved 2012-07-01.