Aldo Colombini is an Italian-born magician, lecturer, author and media producer. He and his wife, Rachel Wild, currently reside in Florida. When he first moved to the United States (from his native Bologna, Italy) in 1993, he spoke no English.
He has created and marketed hundreds of magic tricks, along with numerous books and instructional videos on the topic of magic. He wrote a long-running column for The Linking Ring magazine, entitled, "As Always, Aldo".
- What's Up Deck?
- He contributed multiple articles to Harry Lorayne's long-running journal, Apocalypse.
Aldo has appeared in the following instructional videos:
- Card Festival
- Still Ringing Around
- Roped In
- Aldo was a featured performer at the annual convention for the Society of American Magicians in 2006, where a local news reporter described him as possessing, "... a distinctive sense of humor delivered in a delicious Italian accent."
- He performed in the close-up gallery at the International Brotherhood of Magicians' 64th annual convention held in Norfolk, Virginia.
- In 1995 he performed at the Louisiana Magic Weekend convention (hosted by IBM Ring 27).
- Close, Michael (2007). That Reminds Me: Finding the Funny In A Serious World. ISBN 978-1-4357-0646-0.
- "Close Quarters". My Lovely Assistant. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- "Knotty Knot". MJM Magic. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- Colombini, Aldo (October 1998). "As Always, Aldo". The Linking Ring: 43, 44.
- Colombini, Aldo (November 2003). "As Always, Aldo". The Linking Ring 84 (11): 81–82.
- What's Up Deck?. 1995. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- Behr, Dennis. "Apocalypse, Volume 10". The Behr Files. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- "Entertainment to materialize by magic". Arizona Daily Star. May 11, 2006.
- Racherbaumer, Jon (October 2006). "Close Up Captivates at Norfolk!". The Linking Ring: 69.
- "Norfolk Virginia: Lectures! Lectures! Lectures!". The Linking Ring: 64. October 1996.
- Keyser, Archie (August 1995). "Ring 27 Louisiana Magic Weekend". The Linking Ring 75: 120–121.