Robinson at Redskins training camp in 2012.
|No. 13 Baltimore Ravens|
|Date of birth:||September 24, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Dallas, Texas|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||184 lb (83 kg)|
|High school:||Waxahachie (TX)|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 178|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Aldrick Robinson (born September 24, 1988) is an American football wide receiver for the Baltimore Ravens. He was selected in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft with the 178th pick by the Redskins. He played college football at Southern Methodist University.
Robinson attended Waxahachie High School in Waxahachie, Texas, where he played football. As a junior, he recorded 21 receptions for 651 yards and eight touchdowns. As a senior, he recorded 29 receptions for 647 yards and eight touchdowns and over 1,500 all-purpose yards. He was also named the team most valuable player, a PrepStar all-region and a two-time all-district player. He was ranked 96th on The Dallas Morning News Area Top 100 list and named a Dave Campbell's Texas Football Player to Watch.
He enrolled at Southern Methodist University as a management science pre-major. As a true freshman in 2007, he saw action in nine games and recorded ten receptions for 166 yards. Against Rice, he returned three kicks for 80 yards. He recorded his season-high of three passes against Tulsa and season-long 48-yard receptions against Houston.
In 2008, he started in ten games and recorded 59 receptions for 1,047 yards and 11 touchdowns. He tied the SMU single-season touchdown record and became the third Mustang to compile a 1,000-yard season. His 210 yards against UCF was the all-time second-highest for a game at SMU and caught the school's second-longest touchdown reception at 94 yards. Robinson was named an honorable mention All-Conference USA player and to the Pegasus News All-DFW College Football Team.
SMU head coach June Jones called him the fastest player he has coached and projected him as a first-day NFL Draft selection. In spring 2009, College Football News included him among their "120 Players to Know". NationalChamps.net named him to their 2009 Underdog Award watchlist.
Track and field
Robinson also competed in track and field. He finished second in the 200-meter dash at the University Interscholastic League (UIL) 4A State Championship with a time of 21.48 seconds, and won the 100-meter dash at the Texas Relays with a time of 10.49 seconds.
|100 meters||10.49||Austin, Texas||April 6, 2007|
|200 meters||21.48||Austin, Texas||March 12, 2007|
2011 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 in||184 lb||291⁄2 in||83⁄4 in||4.35 s||1.55 s||2.46 s||4.09 s||6.65 s||40 in||10 ft 6 in||17 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Robinson was selected by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. On September 3, he was waived, but placed on the practice squad on September 6. Robinson was activated to the active roster on December 27, filling the spot left open after Ryan Torain was waived.
At the start of 2012 training camp, it was announced that Robinson was taking reps as a punt returner, providing competition for Brandon Banks. After having an impressive performance in the preseason, he made the final 53-man roster at the start of the 2012 season. Robinson made his NFL debut in the 2012 season opener win against the New Orleans Saints, subbing in for Pierre Garçon, who missed the entire second half of the game after suffering a foot injury. In the game, he recorded 52 yards on four receptions and scored his first career touchdown. In Week 2 against the St. Louis Rams, Robinson had his first career start in place of an injured Garçon. Though he recorded 40 yards on two receptions, he dropped a crucial 57-yard pass that hit him in the chest in the fourth quarter that could've helped the Redskins beat the Rams in their 31-28 loss. During pre-game warm-ups for the Week 4 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Brandon Meriweather collided with him and both were inactive for the game, due to Meriweather re-injuring his knee and Robinson out with a concussion. In the Week 11 win against the Philadelphia Eagles, Robinson scored his second career touchdown after catching a 49-yard touchdown pass from Robert Griffin III. The following week, he caught a 68-yard touchdown pass in the Redskins' victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving.
After having a quiet start to the season, Robinson caught two passes for 75 yards, which included a 45-yard touchdown reception from Robert Griffin III in the 45-41 Week 7 win against the Chicago Bears. In Week 11, he scored a 41-yard touchdown pass against the Philadelphia Eagles.
On February 6, 2014, Robinson re-signed with the Redskins on a one-year deal. On April 2, 2014, Robinson announced that he would be switching over to number 15, allowing new teammate DeSean Jackson to wear number 11. He was waived on December 6.
- Player Bio: Aldrick Robinson, Southern Methodist University, retrieved June 5, 2009.
- 120 Players You Need To Know: SMU WR Aldrick Robinson, College Football News, March 25, 2009.
- NationalChamps.net 2009 UNDERDOG AWARD Watch List Candidates, National Champs.net, April 15, 2009.
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout Profile
- Jones, Mike (September 4, 2011). "Evan Royster, four others signed to Redskins’ practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- Jones, Mike (December 27, 2011). "Redskins promote Aldrick Robinson to 53-man roster". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 26, 2012). "Thursday Training Camp Practice Notes". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Tinsman, Brian (August 18, 2012). "Robinson: 'I'm A Game Time Player'". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Campbell, Rich (August 31, 2012). "Brandon Banks, Aldrick Robinson expected to survive Redskins' final cuts". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Whyno, Stephen (September 9, 2012). "Redskins' Pierre Garcon 'should be good to go next week'". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Campbell, Rich (September 11, 2012). "Redskins - Saints Film Review: OFFENSE". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Tinsman, Brian (September 10, 2012). "Redskins-Saints Post-Game Notes". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Campbell, Rich (September 17, 2012). "Adam Carriker, Brian Orakpo add to Redskins’ injury woes". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Jones, Mike (September 17, 2012). "Redskins-Rams: Five observations from Sunday’s loss". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Campbell, Rich (September 19, 2012). "Redskins - Rams Film Review: OFFENSE". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- Campbell, Rich (October 1, 2012). "Brandon Meriweather out a week, Aldrick Robinson out indefinitely after collision". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-02.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 18, 2012). "Redskins Stifle Eagles At Home, Win 31-6". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 22, 2012). "Redskins Score Texas-Sized Win, 38-31". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-11-22.
- Tinsman, Brian (October 21, 2013). "Redskins-Bears Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Czarda, Stephen (October 21, 2013). "Robinson Takes The Top Off Bears Defense". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- Tinsman, Brian (November 18, 2013). "Redskins-Eagles Monday Stats Pack". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Jones, Mike (February 6, 2014). "Redskins re-sign wide receiver Aldrick Robinson". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Lingebach, Chris. "Major Jersey Shakeup Involving DeSean Jackson, Cousins, Roberts, Clark". CBS Washington. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Wesseling, Chris (December 6, 2014). "Aldrick Robinson cut by Washington Redskins". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- Butt, Jason. "Antoine Cason's signing among Ravens roster moves". Balitmore Beatdown. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- Wilkening, Mike (January 23, 2015). "Ravens sign WR Aldrick Robinson to reserve/future deal". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-03-08.
- Washington Redskins bio
- Southern Methodist University bio
- 2008 SMU football preview: Offense, Pegasus News, July 15, 2008.
- SMU sophomore Aldrick Robinson a real go-getter, The Dallas Morning News, November 8, 2008.