||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2013)|
|Birth name||Alessandro Osmar Pilot Vanzella|
|Born||February 5, 1984|
|Origin||Guaporé, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil|
|Genres||Bossa Nova, indie rock|
Vanzella began playing in indie and grunge rock bands at the age of 14. He worked as a university professor of accounting before pursuing music full-time, having graduated from UNIVATES in Accounting Sciences in 2006 and completing postgraduate work as a comptroller (2007) and in tax law (2012).
Vanzella has been influenced by bossa nova musicians João Gilberto, Roberto Menescal, Tom Jobim, Vinicius de Moraes, Toquinho, and Walter Santos, as well as by indie rock groups Nirvana, The Strokes, The Killers, Interpol, The Kinks, Foo Fighters, and Arcade Fire.
Connection with Bossa Nova
Roberto Menescal, one of the founders of the bossa nova movement, collaborated on Vanzella's debut album Indie Bossa and concert tour, supporting the mix of styles. He writes of Vanzella: "What surprised me most in this work was the softness of Ale. I remember that João Gilberto appeared so, he opened an opportunity at the time. And Ale can open this new door." Roberto Menescal in 2012
Tours and Projects
The Indie Bossa album was released in 2012, and was supported by a pre-release tour in the United States. A tour of Japan occurred in May 2012. A European tour in May and June 2012 included stops in Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, England and Italy.
- Indie Bossa (Albatroz Music/July 2012) Includes 17 tracks in Portuguese and English, and a bonus track in Japanese.
- Brandão, Davi (2012-07-20). "Ale Vanzella une rock e bossa com apoio de Menescal". Panorama Brasil (in Portuguese).
- Inglez de Souza, Henrique (2013-02-28). "Entrevista: Ale Vanzella – Indie Bossa". Guitar Player (in Portuguese). São Paulo.
- Brandão, David (2013-02-15). "Ale Vanzella fala de turnê especial pela Europa". Diário Comércio Indústria & Serviços (DCI) (in Portuguese) (São Paulo).
- "Rádio Univates recebe músico Ale Vanzella". Univates. 2012-11-28.
- "JAPÃO / MÚSICA: Ale Vanzella divulga novo disco no Japão". Jornal Nippak (in Portuguese). São Paulo. 2012-05-25.
- Soares, Inês (2013-02-13). "Entrevista a Ale Vanzella". Runway-MAG.
- "Conheça o músico gaúcho Ale Vanzella que mistura indie rock e bossa nova". iBahia (in Portuguese). 2012-09-26.
- Lunardi, Michele (2012-03-12). "Músico guaporense participa de documentário de divulgação da Copa". RedeSul de Comunicação.
- "Ale Vanzella apresenta no JR News desta sexta". JR News (in Portuguese). 2013-02-08.
- "Com elogios da crítica americana, músico brasileiro descoberto por Roberto Menescal lança CD em NY". Época (in Portuguese). 2012-05-09.
|This article on a Brazilian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|