11 April 1959 |
Greve in Chianti, Florence
Aleandro Baldi (born 11 April 1959) is an Italian singer-songwriter and composer.
Life and career
Born in Greve in Chianti, Florence as Aleandro Civai, blind, Baldi began playing the guitar as an autodidact while he was at the Reggio Emilia College for the Blind. He debuted in 1986, entering the Sanremo Music Festival with "La nave va", a song he composed and arranged, ranking second in the "Newcomers" section. He later won the Newcomers section of the Festival in 1992, in a duet with Francesca Alotta, with the song "Non amarmi", which later became an international hit with the title "No Me Ames". In 1994 Baldi won again the Sanremo Festival, this time in its "Big Artists" section, with the song "Passerà"; the song was covered by the group Il Divo in their debut album. In 1994, Baldi also released an autobiographical book, Il sole dentro, written in collaboration with Marcello Lazzerini.
- 1987 - Aleandro Baldi
- 1989 - E sia così
- 1992 - Il sole
- 1994 - Ti chiedo onestà
- 1996 - Tu sei me
- 2002 - Il meglio e il nuovo
- 2007 - Liberamente tratto
- 2010 - Italian Love Songs
- Eddy Anselmi. Festival di Sanremo: almanacco illustrato della canzone italiana. Panini Comics, 2009. ISBN 8863462291.
- "ALEANDRO BALDI: La biografia". MTV. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- Enrico Deregibus. Dizionario completo della Canzone Italiana. Giunti Editore, 2010. ISBN 8809756258.
- Maria Letizia Tartaglini (13 October 1994). "Lo " scrittore " Aleandro Baldi baciato dalla bella onorevole". Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 15 January 2014.