|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2013 Estimate)|
Alebtong lies on the main road between the city of Lira, in Lira District to the west, and the town of Omoro in Alebtong District to the east. This location is approximately 50 kilometres (31 mi), by road, east of Lira, the largest city in the Lango sub-region. This location lies about 285 kilometres (177 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of Alebtong are: 2°15'00.0"N, 33°18'54.0"E (Latitude:2.250000: Longitude:33.315000). See: Coordinates: .
As of June 2014, the exact population of the town of Alebtong is not known. However, it is estimated that for a radius of 7 kilometres (4.3 mi), from the center of the town, the total population is approximately 15,100. The next national population census is scheduled in August 2014.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- The headquarters of Alebtong District Administration
- The offices of Alebtong Town Council
- Alebtong Central Market
- The Lira-Omoro Road - The road passes through Alebtong in a northwest to southeast direction.
- "Road Distance Between Lira And Alebtong With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Alebtong With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Alebtong At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Alebtong Town In 2013". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Baguma, Raymond (12 September 2013). "National Population Census for 2014". New Vision. Retrieved 2 June 2014.