|Alec E. Gores|
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California|
|Nationality||United States, Israeli|
|Alma mater||Western Michigan University|
|Net worth||US$1.9 billion (March 2013).|
|Family||Tom Gores (brother)
Sam Gores (brother)
Alec E. Gores is a Christian Arab American-Israeli businessman  who made his fortune through leveraged buyouts of technology firms. As of March 2013 his personal wealth was estimated at roughly $1.9 billion by Forbes magazine
Early life and education
Alec Gores was born in 1953 in Nazareth, Israel, to a Greek father and Lebanese mother. He was raised in Flint, Michigan and attended Genesee High School in Genesee, MI. He then obtained a degree in computer science from Western Michigan University.
In 1978, he founded Executive Business Systems with $10,000, selling computers out of his basement. By 1986 the company employed over 200 people and was acquired by CONTEL for approximately $2 million.
Following the acquisition, Gores began acquiring and operating non-core businesses from major corporations. He eventually founded The Gores Group, a private equity firm in 1987  and since then has acquired 80 companies over 25 years.
- Tom Gores a fellow Forbes billionaire and founder of Platinum Equity. Together they have been involved in a number of deals together including the 2011 acquisition of Alliance Entertainment, which distributes DVDs, CDs and video games to stores such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon.com and Target.
- Sam Gores head of Paradigm Talent Agency
- Forbes Alec Gores
- "#616 Alec Gores". Forbes.com. 2010-02-12. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- San Diego Reader
- "The Gores Group, LLC - Team". Gores.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- The Gores Group History
- Platinum Equity
- "The Mystery Bidder for Borders: Meet Alec Gores". The Wall Street Journalt. June 1, 2011. Retrieved April 18, 2013.
- Wall Street Journal: "Gores Brothers Jockey for Same Deals In Grown-Up Game of Sibling Rivalry" By Lisa Bannon April 9, 2002
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American private equity or venture capital investor or related individual is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|