Sulkin joined Family Guy in 2005, and has since produced, written and provided voices for multiple episodes, including the hour-long Star Wars homage, "Blue Harvest", as well as "Chick Cancer", "Stew-Roids", "Stu and Stewie's Excellent Adventure", "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q" and "Family Guy Viewer Mail #2" (with Tom Devanney and Deepak Sethi).
In August, 2010, Sulkin and his writing partner Wellesley Wild signed a three-year pact with 20th Century Fox TV. The two will continue working on Family Guy and also develop their own show. It is likely to be live action comedy rather than animation, although Wild said "We've been throwing around both ideas." Sulkin and Wild will produce a sitcom titled Dads, with MacFarlane as executive producer.
Sulkin, along with Family Guy writers Julius Sharpe, Danny Smith, John Viener, Patrick Meighan and Seth MacFarlane were special material writers for the 85th Academy Awards, in which the latter was the host.
In March 2011, Sulkin caused a controversy by posting the following joke on Twitter: "If you wanna feel better about this earthquake in Japan, google 'Pearl Harbor death toll.'" Sulkin made the comment one day after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake, which killed over 10,000 people in Japan. The following day, Sulkin deleted the joke and apologized, saying the post was insensitive and that he had not realized the extent and severity of the disaster.
Sulkin began dating comedienne Sarah Silverman in early 2010. The pair met via Twitter, after Silverman sent him a personal message. They split up months later (October, 2010) and remain friends.
- Alec Sulkin at the Internet Movie Database
- Andreeva, Nellie (2010-08-11) 20th Century Fox TV Signs Overall Deals With 2 'Family Guy' Executive Producers Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- McGee, Ryan (2010-08-12) 'Family Guy' Writers Sign Three-Year Deal With Fox TV Squad. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- Schneider, Michael (2010-08-11) Fox adopts 'Family' guys Variety. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- Andersen, Soren. "'Ted': Bear comes to life, stuffed with bad behavior". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- Alec Sulkin – podcast interview
- Sheppard, Noel. "'Family Guy' Writer: "Wanna Feel Better About Japan Quake - Google 'Pearl Harbor Death Toll'"". NewsBusters. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- Connelley, Brendon. "Family Guy Writer Tweets Pearl Harbor Joke In Response To Japanese Earthquake". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Yesterday death toll". Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- Sulkin, Alec (2010-01-29). "Alec Sulkin: Sarah Silverman's New Boyfriend". huffingtonpost.com.
- "Alec Sulkin shares the news about his breakup with Sarah Silverman". justin.tv. Retrieved 4 September 2011.