||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
She studied Political Science and Journalism at Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. Her debut as a presenter was in 2002 in the local channel in Bogotá Citytv, as host of entertainment and news reporter for City Noticias.
In November 2003, Alejandra returned to broadcasting, this time in "Descárate with Azcárate" of RCN News from the National Beauty Pageant in Cartagena.
She later changed to head Caracol News with actress Isabella Santodomingo, from the National Beauty Pageant in Cartagena.
In 2010, she began working as a comedian and touring nationally in some theaters.
Controversy in Soho Magazine
In 2005 he participated in a photo shoot for the magazine Soho. This caused controversy in the Colombian Catholic society since the pictures appeared with Alejandra dressed as Jesus of Nazareth with a naked chest, including a photograph that was reproduced in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci.
Controversy in Alo Women Magazine
Azcárate contributes as a columnist to the Health and Wellness section in Alo Women magazine. In July, 2012, she wrote a controversial column making fun of obese women.
- 2012 The Most Holy Ana
- 2012 Wild Angel (Colombian telenovela)- Victoria Palacios Avila
- 2012 Poor Rico - Patricia Rubio
- 2011 Women killer (Colombia) - Eliana, the sister
- 2009 Love in custody (Colombia) (TV series) - Renata Schewin
- 2008 The last happy marriage - Margarita Ortiz
- 2006 On the heels of Eve (TV series) - Laura
- Azcárate, Alejandra. "Questions." Arcadia. 2007: 46. Print.
- "Las confesiones de Alejandra Azcárate." SoHo. Web. 2 Dec. 2012. <http://www.soho.com.co/opinion/articulo/las-confesiones-alejandra-azcarate/6188>.
- Azcárate, Alejandra. "Heavy Weight". Alo Women. Retrieved 28 October 2013.