From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aleph or Alef is the first letter of the Semitic abjads descended from Proto-Canaanite, Arabic alphabet, Phoenician alphabet, Hebrew alphabet, Syriac alphabet. It may also refer to:
- Aleph, a shorthand designation for Codex Sinaiticus, a 4th-century manuscript of the Bible
- Aleph number or cardinality, a measurement of mathematical sets
- Aleph (inductive logic programming), an advanced system for inductive logic programming
- ALEPH experiment (Apparatus for LEP Physics at CERN), ALEPH detector or ALEPH experiment, one of the four detectors of the Large Electron-Positron Collider (LEP) at CERN
- Alef (programming language), the concurrent programming language used in early editions of Plan 9
- Aleph kernel, an operating system kernel, notable primarily for being one of the steps in the evolution of the Mach kernel
- Aleph Sailing Team, a French America's Cup syndicate.
- Aleph (novel), a novel by Brazilian author Paulo Coelho
- The Aleph (short story collection), a short story collection by Argentine author Jorge Luis Borges
- "The Aleph (short story)", a story contained in the collection
- Aleph, a character in the Warren Ellis comic series Global Frequency
- Aleph, a super high capacity storage device, is a plot element in the cyberpunk novel Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson
- Aleph, a system constructed at Athena Station in the cyberpunk novel Halo by Tom Maddox
- The Aleph, a song by Destroy the Runner on the album Saints
- Aleph at Hallucinatory Mountain, an album by Current 93
- Masada: Alef the first album by John Zorn's Masada
- "Aleph", a song by metal band Baroness
- "Aleph", a song by Anahí, based on the book "O Aleph", written by Paulo Coelho.
- Aleph Glyph, a flaming Hebrew letter, is the representation of God in Tony Kushner's play Angels in America
- Aleph One (game engine), an ongoing project related to the computer game series Marathon
- Mount Aleph, a location in the video game Golden Sun
- Aleph Institute, a Jewish humanitarian organization for Jewish members of the US Armed forces and Jewish prison inmates
- ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal
- Aleph Zadik Aleph, the men's order of the B'nai B'rith Youth Organization (BBYO), an international youth-led high school fraternity for Jewish teens; Aleph may also refer to a member of this group
- Aleph (religion), a religious sect in Japan formerly known as Aum Shinrikyo
- Nippon Aleph Corporation is the Japanese maker of magnetic and photoelectric sensors, component units, and security devices, such as reed switch, reed relay, proximity sensor, level sensor and photoelectric sensor.
- Aleph (psychedelic), a psychoactive drug
- Aleph, Integrated Library System from Ex Libris Group
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.