Alert the Medic
|Alert The Medic|
Alert the Medic in 2010
|Origin||Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Past members||Jonathan MacDougall
Alert The Medic is an independent Canadian rock band formed in 2006 from Halifax, Nova Scotia. The group consists of vocalist and guitarist Ryan MacDonald, bassist Matt Campbell, guitarist Troy Arseneault and drummer Dale Wilson. They have independently released their third album The Phantom Moves on May 3, 2014 .
Alert the Medic formed in 2006 by members Ryan MacDonald, Jonathan MacDougall, Matt Campbell and Dale Wilson who grew up together in and around the town of Stellarton, Nova Scotia. They released their first full length album in 2006 which was co-produced and engineered by Laurence Currie.
In late 2007, guitarist Jonathan MacDougall left the band and the position was temporarily filled by Jon Landry of the Stanfields until the band found current guitarist Troy Arseneault in early 2008.
With the addition of Arseneault, the now Halifax based rock group had an impressive year in 2008, receiving two East Coast Music Award nominations for Rising Star Recording of the Year and Rock Recording of the Year. In September the band was also a part of the d250 Rollercoaster University tour in Nova Scotia featuring illScarlett, and opened for Canadian rock band Our Lady Peace at the Centre 200 in Sydney, Nova Scotia.
In March 2009, Alert the Medic made the move to Toronto, Ontario to record their second album We, the Weapon once again working with Laurence Currie. The album was recorded at Hallamusic, Greendoor Studios and The Echo Chamber and was independently released in September 2009. Alert the Medic received two 2010 East Coast Music Award nominations for Rock Recording of the Year and Single of the Year for We, the weapon's debut single Atlas and were nominated for Fan's Choice Entertainer of the Year in 2011
In November 2012 the band returned to the studio to begin pre-production work with founding Our Lady Peace member and current Crash Karma guitarist Mike Turner at The Pocket Studios. The band would continue demo and pre-production work with Turner throughout 2013 and in February 2014 they began recording their third album The Phantom Moves at The Pocket Studios in Toronto. The album was released on May 3, 2014.
- Ryan MacDonald - vocals, guitar (2006–present)
- Matt Campbell - bass (2006–present)
- Dale Wilson - drums (2006–present)
- Troy Arseneault - guitar (2008–present)
- Jonathan MacDougall - guitar (2006–2007)
- Jon Landry - guitar (2007–2008)
|2006||Alert the Medic|
|2009||We, the Weapon|
|2014||The Phantom Moves|
|2009||"Atlas"||45||-||We, the Weapon|
|2010||"Aid The Getaway"||49||-|
|"The Weatherman (Pt.2)"||-||-|
|2012||"Hey Kid, To The Back Of The Line"||53||-|
|2014||"Echo And Fade"||20||31||The Phantom Moves|
- The Coast | Alert the Medic ring the alarm Template:Date=May 2014
- CA. "Cape Breton Post article". Cape Breton Post article. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Info". Alert the Medic. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "ECMA 2010 Music & Industry Award Nominations Announced!". Ecma.ca. 2009-12-02. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Rookie Blue Season IV". Supersonic Creative Inc. 2013-07-25. Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- "Alert the Medic teams up with PledgeMusic.com for new album pre-sales". The Pictou Advocate. 2014-02-05.
- "Alert The Medic Gets A Makeover For Mom". ctvnews.ca. 2013-06-11. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Alert The Medic vs. Rick Martel". WrestlingInc.com. 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- Alert The Medic Chart Positions and Trajectories