He is also Chairman and founder of 21 Investimenti S.p.A., established in 1992 as a merchant bank. Today, the 21 Group constitutes a system of private equity funds with 1,200 million Euro of managed assets and operations focused particularly in France and Italy.
Born on March 2, 1964, Alessandro Benetton, son of Luciano Benetton, has a Bachelor of Science degree from Boston University. In June 1991 he obtained a Master in Business Administration at Harvard.
He started his career working in London at Goldman Sachs International as an analyst in the Mergers and Acquisitions and Equity Offering sectors of the Global Finance Department. He was Chairman of Benetton Formula from 1988 to 1998, during which time the Formula 1 team won one constructors and two world drivers championships.
He is a member of the Confindustria Committee and of the Advisory Committee of Robert Bosch International Beteiligungen AG in Zurich, the consultancy organ of the Swiss holding for the foreign activities of the Bosch Group.
In November 2011, Benetton launched in Paris the Unhate Campaign, an advertisement campaign featuring digitally altered pictures of the world leaders kissing, destined to battle the culture of hate.
- "Alessandro BENETTON". Federazione Nazionale dei Cavalieri del Lavoro. Archived from the original on 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- "Unhate Campaign - Launch in Paris on November 16th". United Colors of Benetton. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- Marshall, Alexandra (January 6, 2010). "Alessandro Benetton: Future Perfect". Elle. Archived from the original on 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- "Each time a man - The Alessandro Benetton Blog"
- "Glamorous, not flash - relaxed style of the Benetton boss", The Guardian, Zoe Wood, 6 February 2009
- Boston University: Alessandro Benetton's commencement address to the 2009 MBA graduates of the School of Management
- "How To Spend It - The Captain's Table: Alessandro Benetton", Financial Times