Alessandro Benetton (Treviso, March 2, 1964) is an Italian entrepreneur.
Alessandro Benetton is the Chairman of 21 Investimenti S.p.A., a private equity firm established in 1992. He served as Chairman of Benetton Group from April 2012 to May 2014. Under his leadership, the company adopted a professional management structure able to guide it into the future. Currently he is a member of the board of Benetton Group S.p.A., Edizione S.r.l. (the holding company of the Benetton family), Autogrill S.p.A. and Moncler S.p.A.
Born on March 2, 1964, Alessandro Benetton, son of Luciano Benetton, has a Bachelor of Science degree from Boston University. In June 1991 he obtained a Master in Business Administration from Harvard. He started his career working in London at Goldman Sachs International as an analyst in the Mergers and Acquisitions and Equity Offering sectors of the Global Finance Department. He was Chairman of Benetton Formula from 1988 to 1998, during which time the Formula 1 team won one constructors and two world drivers championships.
He is a member of the Confindustria Committee and of the Advisory Committee of Robert Bosch International Beteiligungen AG in Zurich, the consultancy unit of the Swiss holding for the foreign activities of the Bosch Group.
In 2010 he was appointed “Cavaliere del Lavoro” by the President of the Italian Republic, Giorgio Napolitano.
- Marshall, Alexandra (January 6, 2010). "Alessandro Benetton: Future Perfect". Elle. Archived from the original on 2012-02-06. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- Alessandro Benetton's profile
- "Each time a man - The Alessandro Benetton Blog"
- "Glamorous, not flash - relaxed style of the Benetton boss", The Guardian, Zoe Wood, 6 February 2009
- Boston University: Alessandro Benetton's commencement address to the 2009 MBA graduates of the School of Management
- "How To Spend It - The Captain's Table: Alessandro Benetton", Financial Times