February 24, 1965 |
|Spouse(s)||Sabrina Knaflitz (m. 1998)|
(?-1998; broken engagement)
Alessandro Gassman (born February 24, 1965) is an Italian actor.
He debuted at 17 in the autobiographical film Di padre in figlio, written and directed with his father, under whose tutoring he later studied in the Theatre Workshop of Florence. Among his theatrical activity, he was noted for his playing in Pier Paolo Pasolini's Affabulazione (1984).
In 1996 he began an artistic partnership with his friend Gianmarco Tognazzi with whom he co-acted in popular movies like Uomini senza donne, Facciamo festa, Teste di cocco, Lovest, I miei più cari amici and Natale a Beverly Hills, in the theatrical version of Some Like It Hot and as dubbers of the Disney cartoon Eldorado. In 1997 he imposed internationally with Ferzan Özpetek's Hamam.
He was subsequently chosen by Yves Saint Laurent as testimonial for his perfume Opium, and posed in a nude calendar for the Italian magazine Max. He also became a testimonial for Lancia of Musa, as well as appearing in an ad for the Glen Grant liquor. As an actor, he worked for several TV miniseries and, in France, in the action movie Transporter 2, produced by Luc Besson. In 2006, Gassman appeared in the comedy Non prendere impegni stasera.
He then took part in TV dramas such as Piccolo mondo antico, Le stagioni del cuore, La guerra è finita and La Sacra Famiglia; he also acted in the US action film Transporter 2 and in Italy in the comedy Non prendere impegni stasera.
In 2008 he acted in the film Caos calmo as the brother of the main lead, interpreted by Nanni Moretti. For this role, he was honoured by many awards: the David di Donatello award for a supporting actor, the Ciak d'oro, the Nastro d'Argento and the Globo d'oro of the foreign press. In the same year, he adapted for the stage the teleplay 12 Angry Men, written by Reginald Rose in 1954 that was made into a film by Sidney Lumet in 1957: the performance was taken up again in 2009, year in which he also appeared as leading actor in 4 padri single by Paolo Monico, Ex by Fausto Brizzi and Il compleanno by Marco Filiberti as well in the TV miniseries Pinocchio directed by Alberto Sironi.
He is acting Tutor in Cinecittà at ACT MULTIMEDIA.
Gassman is reportedly 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in) tall. He is married since 1998 with Sabrina Knaflitz, who in the same year gave birth to their son Leo.
- La monaca di Monza, directed by Luciano Odorisio (1986)
- I soliti ignoti vent'anni dopo, directed by Amanzio Todini (1987)
- Quando eravamo repressi, directed by Pino Quartullo (1992)
- Ostinato destino, directed by Gianfranco Albano (1992)
- Uova d'oro, directed by Bigas Luna (1993)
- Sì, ma vogliamo un maschio, directed by Giuliano Biagetti (1994)
- Un mese al lago, directed by John Irvin (1995)
- Uomini senza donne, directed by Angelo Longoni (1996)
- Mi fai un favore, directed by Giancarlo Scarchilli (1996)
- Facciamo fiesta, directed by Angelo Longoni (1997)
- Lovest, directed by Giulio Base (1997)
- Il bagno turco, directed by Ferzan Özpetek (1997)
- I miei più cari amici, directed by Alessandro Benvenuti (1998)
- Toni, directed by Philomène Esposito (1999)
- La bomba, directed by Giulio Base (1999)
- Teste di cocco, directed by Ugo Fabrizio Giordani (2000)
- I banchieri di Dio, (The Bankers of God: The Calvi Affair) directed by Giuseppe Ferrara (2002)
- Guardiani delle nuvole, directed by Luciano Odorisio (2004)
- La sperarazione, directed by Mariano Provenzano (2005)
- Transporter 2, directed by Louis Leterrier, Corey Yuen (2005)
- Non prendere impegni stasera, directed by Gianluca Maria Tavarelli (2006)
- Caos calmo (Quiet Chaos), directed by Antonello Grimaldi (2008)
- Il seme della discordia, directed by Pappi Corsicato (2008)
- 4 padri single, directed by Paolo Monico (2009)
- Ex, directed by Fausto Brizzi (2009)
- Il compleanno, directed by Marco Filiberti (2009)
- Il padre e lo straniero, directed by Ricky Tognazzi (2009)
- Natale a Beverly Hills, directed by Neri Parenti (2009)
- Basilicata Coast to Coast, directed by Rocco Papaleo (2010)
- Un bambino di nome Gesù, directed by Franco Rossi (1987)
- Il commissario Corso, directed by Gianni Lepre and Alberto Sironi (1987)
- Il giudice istruttore (1 episodio, 1987)
- L'altro enigma, directed by Vittorio Gassman and Carlo Tuzii (1988)
- Il commissario Corso (1 episode)
- La primavera di Michelangelo, directed by Jerry London (1991)
- Comprarsi una vita, directed by Domenico Campana (1991)
- Ulisse e la balena bianca, directed by Rubino Rubini (1992)
- Schneewittchen und das Geheimnis der Zwerge, directed by Ludvík Ráza (1992)
- Due volte vent'anni, directed by Livia Giampalmo (1993)
- La famiglia Ricordi, directed by Mauro Bolognini (1995)
- Sansone e Dalila, directed by Nicolas Roeg (1996)
- Nuda proprietà vendesi, directed by Enrico Oldoini (1997)
- Nessuno escluso, directed by Massimo Spano (1997)
- Lourdes, directed by Lodovico Gasparini (2000)
- Crociati, directed by Dominique Othenin-Girard (2001)
- Piccolo mondo antico, directed by Cinzia Th. Torrini (2001)
- La guerra è finita, directed by Lodovico Gasparini (2002)
- Le stagioni del cuore, directed by Antonio Luigi Grimaldi (2004)
- Dalida, directed by Joyce Buñuel (2005)
- La Sacra Famiglia, directed by Raffaele Mertes (2006)
- Codice rosso (12 episodi, 2006)
- Pinocchio, directed by Alberto Sironi (2008)
- I Cesaroni (2 episodes, 2008)
- Natale per due, directed by Giambattista Avellino (2011)