|Born||Alessandro Sartori at Berluti Headquarters
He received a degree in textile engineering in Biella, Northern Italy followed by a degree in Fashion in Milan in 1989.
In 2003, he became Creative Director of the new "Z Zegna" line at Ermenegildo Zegna. Z Zegna was launched at Pitti Uomo, and its first show was showcased in New York in February 2007. Z Zegna successfully appeared at five New York fashion weeks, and then in Milan starting June 2009.
On 1 July 2011 he was appointed as Artistic Director at Berluti, shoemaker since 1895, with the aim of creating a luxury total look.
On January 20, 2012 he unveiled his first collection at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, with footwear occupying rows of chairs lined up as if for a fashion show. "It was an impressive debut." states WWD "Sartori’s collection was worn by a multigenerational cast of models in vignettes that telegraphed the Berluti lifestyle: playing chess in the library of a country chateau; having cocktails in a groovy apartment; gathering with friends under a full moon for a midnight shoe-polishing party, with Dom Pérignon as the shining agent (something serious Berluti devotees actually do)."
Sartori's style has always been defined artful and a bit of eccentric with great attention to details, innovation and fabrics.
- Alessandro Sartori web page 
- Time Magazine Article 
- Details.com - The One-Button Suit
- WWD - Alessandro Sartori preps for Z Zegna Homecoming
- V MAN - Z Zegna Summer 2010 Fashion Show
- TMagazine - Scorecard - Z Zegna Wins!
- GQ.com - Z Zegna Spring 2010
- The Fashionisto - Z Zegna Fall 2011 - Milan Fashion Week
- Divaasia.com - Z Zegna to dress up men with self-expression
- Vanityfair.de - Die Chemie muss stimmen
- Wall Street Journal Asia - Questions for Alessandro Sartori
- Fashionwelike.com - Alessandro Sartori discusses his work at Z Zegna
- Reportage exclusif chez Berluti qui vient de présenter les premiers modèles d'Alessandro Sartori