||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
Square Enix Mobile (JM)
|Genre(s)||Vertical scrolling shooter|
The original version of Aleste plays similarly to Compile's shooter Zanac, as it also has an AI system that increases the enemies' variety, aggressiveness and number. It also shares the same kind of power-up system.
The story of Aleste deals about the human-made Supercomputer, DIA 51, which has been infected by a hybrid virus and is spreading like wildfire, making it decide to eliminate the human race. When Yuri, Ray's girlfriend, gets injured in DIA's assault, Raymond Waizen has all the reasons in the world to get rid of DIA 51 once and for all in his Aleste fighter.
The game was originally released for the MSX. The later port to the Master System included some level changes, and no story cut-scenes. The difficulty was noticeably higher. Known outside of Japan as Power Strike, Aleste was released in America as a mail-only limited edition game, in a black and white cover (with the classic checkered SMS art box patterns). In Europe and Australia it was sold through retailers, with a colored cover.
A version of the game has been released on phones by Square Enix. The original MSX game and its sequel Aleste 2 have been re-released in WOOMB. In addition, the original MSX game has been re-released on Nintendo's Virtual Console service in Japan.
Game list 
- Aleste (MSX2)
- Aleste 2 (MSX2)
- Aleste Gaiden (MSX2)
- Aleste / Power Strike (Sega Mark III/Sega Master System)
- Power Strike II (Sega Master System)
- GG Aleste (Sega Game Gear)
- GG Aleste II: Lance Bird / Power Strike II (Sega Game Gear)
- Musha Aleste / M.U.S.H.A. (Sega Mega Drive/Genesis)
- Seirei Senshi Spriggan (PC-Engine CD)
- Spriggan Mark 2 (PC-Engine CD)
- Super Aleste / Space Megaforce (Super Famicom/Super Nintendo)
- Dennin Aleste / Robo Aleste (Mega CD/Sega CD)
- "Square Enrix and Macrospace Team Up to launch mobile versions of Aleste, Actraiser and Drakengard in Europe". Midlet-review.com. 8/July/2004. Retrieved 2009-02-28.
- Zanac USA Manual
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|