Alex Bein (Hebrew: אלכסנדר ביין) (born Alexander Bein on 21 January 1903, Steinach an der Saale in Bavaria, southern Germany; died 20 June 1988, Stockholm) was a Jewish scholar in Jewish culture and history, one of the founders of Zionist historiography. He is best known for his biography of Theodor Herzl.
Since 1933 he was resident of Jerusalem.
Alex Bein was director of the Central Zionist Archives and the first State Archivist of Israel.
In recognition of his research, Bein was awarded the Israel Prize in 1987 for Zionist historiography.
- Alex Bein (1980) Die Judenfrage : Biogr. e. Weltproblems (2 volumes) Stuttgart : Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt
- Alex Bein (1952) "The Return to the Soil: a History of Jewish Settlement in Israel" (Translated from the Hebrew by Israel Schen)
- Alex Bein (1949) "Israel's Charter of Freedom"
- Aleks Bain (1945) Toldot ha-hityashvut ha-Tsiyonit mi-teḳufat Hertsel ṿe-ʻad yamenu
- Alex Bein (1939) "Der Zionismus und sein Werk"
- Alex Bein (1934) "Theodor Herzl; Biographie. mit 63 Bildern und einer Ahnentafel."
- Alex Bein, Maurice Samuel (translatior), (1941) "Theodore Herzl: A Biography of the Founder of the Modern Zionism"