Alex Chan (rugby league)
|Full name||Alexander Reremorehu Chan|
December 22, 1974 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|1994||Bay of Plenty Stags||21||4||0||0||16|
|1992–93||Bay of Plenty|
|1993–00||New Zealand Māori|
|As of 26 August 2009|
|Source: NRL Stats and Rugby League Project|
Alex Chan (born 22 December 1974 in Auckland, New Zealand) is a former New Zealand professional rugby league footballer and currently coaching at the Wentworthville Magpies he has played for the Catalans Dragons of Super League, Melbourne Storm, Parramatta Eels and Northern Eagles in the NRL. A New Zealand international representative forward, he has also previously played for the Bay of Plenty Stags in New Zealand, and has also played for the Aotearoa Māori team. He is of Chinese descent.
Chan played at fullback for the Māori in 1999 and earlier represented the team at the 1994 Pacific Cup. He was selected for the Aotearoa Māori side at the 2000 World Cup but did not play a match.
Career highlights 
- Junior Club: Taupo Hawks and Taupo Broncos
- First Grade Debut: Round 15, Northern Eagles v Warriors at Brookvale Oval, May 13, 2000
- CHAN, ALEXANDER REREMOREHU 2004, 2006 - KIWI #714 nzleague.co.nz
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1994, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1994. p.136
- GB have Long to thank BBC Sport, 5 November 1999
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908-2008. Huia Publishers. p. 282. ISBN 978-1-86969-331-2.
- Super League profile
- Rugby League Project stats
- Alex Chan Official Player Profile
- Alex Chan NRL Player Profile