British media entrepreneur and academic. Managing Director of TV and branded content producer at Shine North and digital content agency Shine On. Professor of Digital Enterprise at Manchester Metropolitan University's (MMU), Digital Innovation Centre. Visiting Fellow, Manchester Business School. Visiting Professor University of Sunderland in Digital Media. Entrepreneur in Residence at INSEAD (Fontainebleau). Chairman of Royal Television Society (North West). Voting member BAFTA. Co-founder with Bob Geldof and CEO of media group Ten Alps 1998-2011. Visiting Fellow Reuter's Institute for the Study of Journalism at Oxford University 2011-13, published report on branded content. Degrees Oxford University (PPE St Johns College), Columbia University (Journalism), INSEAD (MBA.)
- "Alex Connock takes new role at Shine Group". Broadcast Now. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Shine UK hires Alex Connock as head of new business". Televisual. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Alex Connock is managing director of Shine North, Shine Group, n.d., retrieved 4 June 2014
- The Team, Shine Group, n.d., retrieved 4 June 2014
- Alex Connock, Manchester Metropolitan University, n.d., retrieved 4 June 2014
- Media executive appointed visiting professor at North East university, University of Sunderland, 18 July 2012, retrieved 4 June 2014
- Entrepreneur in Residence, INSEAD, n.d., retrieved 4 June 2014
- About -- North West, Royal Television Society, n.d., retrieved 4 June 2014
- "Ten Alps: Alex Connock". Startups. 2 Dec 2004. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Alex Connock: TV Super Tsar". Growth Business. 11 May 2006. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Profile:Alex Connock of Ten Alps". Financial Times. 16 June 2010. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Fellowships - Alex Connock, Reuter's Institute for the Study of Journalism, n.d., retrieved 4 June 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alex Connock.|