Alex Kennedy (racing driver)
Kennedy in 2012
February 2, 1992 |
Aztec, New Mexico, U.S.
|NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career|
|3 race(s) run over 1 year(s)|
|Best finish||45th (2013)|
|First race||2013 Toyota/Save Mart 350 (Sonoma)|
|Last race||2013 Cheez-It 355 at The Glen (Watkins Glen)|
|NASCAR Nationwide Series career|
|15 race(s) run over 4 year(s)|
|Best finish||50th (2011)|
|First race||2010 Bucyrus 200 (Road America)|
|Last race||2013 Nationwide Children's Hospital 200 (Mid-Ohio)|
|Statistics current as of November 17, 2012.|
Alex Kennedy (born February 2, 1992) is an American stock car racing driver from Aztec, New Mexico. He made his first NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Road America in 2010, starting 15th and finishing 28th.
As 16-year-old in 2008, he ran occasional races in a variety of national touring series; ARCA, NASCAR K&N Pro Series West, and the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. In 2009, he ran full-time in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and finished tenth in the season points with three Top 10s and one Top 5 finish. He made his first Nationwide Series start in 2010, racing in six races, primarily on road courses. He raced in five Nationwide races in the following year with a top finish of 21st. At Dover that year, Kennedy became involved in a controversial incident, where his car pulled across the track when attempting to rejoin the field after an accident and hit the car of Kevin Swindell.
Kennedy made his Sprint Cup Series debut in the 2013 Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway for Humphrey Smith Racing. Kennedy is the first New Mexico native to compete in a Sprint Cup race since Al Unser, Jr. qualified for the 1993 Daytona 500. Kennedy also compted for Humphrey Smith Racing later in the year at Pocono Raceway and Watkins Glen International.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold - Pole position awarded by time. Italics - Pole position earned by points standings. * – Most laps led.)
Sprint Cup Series
|NASCAR Sprint Cup Series results|
|2013||Humphrey Smith Racing||19||Toyota||DAY||PHO||LVS||BRI||CAL||MAR||TEX||KAN||RCH||TAL||DAR||CLT||DOV||POC||MCH||SON
|NASCAR Nationwide Series results|
|Baker Curb Racing||27||Ford||TEX
* Season in progress
1 Ineligible for championship points in this series.
- "NASCAR, ARCA statistics". Racing Reference. Archived from the original on 28 November 2010. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- "Strong Run for Alex Kennedy at World Finals". Alex Kennedy. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- "2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series". Racing Reference. Retrieved 30 October 2010.
- "2011 Nationwide results". Racing Reference. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Edwards escapes late wreck for Dover victory". NASCAR.com. Turner Sports. May 14, 2011. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- DiZinno, Tony (20 June 2013). "NASCAR’s Sonoma 2013 road course ringers, analyzed". NBC Sports. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alex Kennedy.|