|League||Serie A2 Gold Basket|
November 16, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Oak Hill Academy
(Mouth of Wilson, Virginia)
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
He signed out of high school with the University of Michigan, but withdrew his commitment when Wolverine head coach Tommy Amaker was fired. He then enrolled at the University of Kentucky but transferred to the University of Illinois during his first college semester. Legion enrolled for the second semester, making him eligible to play after the conclusion of the fall semester of 2008. He played his sophomore year and half of his junior year with the Illinois, but after averaging only 2.7 points in 10 minutes per game at the beginning of the 2009 season, he decided not to return to the team after winter break. Legion then transferred to Florida International University, to be coached by Isiah Thomas. In February 2011, Legion was dismissed from Florida International University for a violation of team rules.
After one year workout he signed with PVSK Panthers of Hungary for the 2012–13 season.
In September, 2013, he signed with Roseto Sharks of Italy for the 2013–14 season. In May 2014, he joined Sagesse Beirut of Lebanon for one game. In July 2014, he returned to Italy and signed with Veroli Basket. On December 4, 2014 he signed with Pallacanestro Trapani.
- Lost in transition: Former Detroit prep star Alex Legion no longer a can’t-miss kid
- Report: Former Kentucky player Legion transferring to Illinois
- Alex Legion leaves Illini basketball
- Legion lands at FIU
- Alex Legion Having Trouble Again
- Alex Legion signs for Roseto
- Sagesse tabs Alex Legion for 1 game !!! ex Roseto
- Alex Legion moving to BK Veroli
- Alex Legion (ex Sagesse) agreed terms with CZG Veroli
- Trapani announces Alex Legion, parts ways with Chris Evans