Alex Linder (born 1966) is the owner and operator of the Vanguard News Network (VNN), an antisemitic, white supremacist website which he launched in 2000. VNN is one of the most active white supremacist sites on the Internet, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). Its motto is "No Jews. Just Right." Linder espouses numerous Nazi sentiments, among them that "the thing to be done about [the Jews] is to kill them, exterminate them, get rid of them. You don't argue or reason with a cockroach; you step on it."
According to the ADL, Linder has said he was raised an "upper-middle-class suburban kid". The ADL reports that he graduated with a bachelor's degree from Pomona College in Claremont, California, in 1988, then worked as a researcher for CNN on the Evans & Novak political show, and then at The American Spectator.
Criminal history 
On May 26, 2007 Linder organized what has been described as a "racially charged protest" linked to the Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom murder case in Knoxville, Tennessee that attracted 30 supporters, around 60 counterprotesters, and 300 law enforcement officers. Linder fought with police and was the only arrest. Linder was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, vandalism and assault on a police officer. He was placed on six months probation and ordered to pay restitution to the police officer he assaulted.
Political life 
|Linked to the Politics and elections series
and part of the Politics series on
The ADL claims that in January 2005, Linder announced his intention to set up the White Freedom Party, stating it was "America's first political party advocating Aryan interests and specifically naming the Jew as the agent of white genocide and greatest obstacle to our people's self-preservation as a distinct and protected people." It threatened to "WAGE NONSTOP WAR [sic] on the Jews, coloreds, and mainstream sellouts ...". Lacking financial backing, the "White Freedom Party" is currently dormant.
The Aryan Alternative 
In 2004, Linder began publishing a racist and antisemitic tabloid newspaper called The Aryan Alternative. There have been four issues that have been published so far as of July 2010—the first issue was published in mid-2004. The most recent issue as of July 2010 (#4) was published in mid-2009. The newspaper is distributed for free in white neighborhoods but donations for it are solicited online. In articles he has written for the The Aryan Alternative newspaper, Alex Linder claims that the Jews have been and are consciously engaged in a conspiracy that is implementing a systematic program of genocide to totally eradicate and exterminate the Aryan race.
- Alex Linder/Vanguard News Network (VNN), Anti-Defamation League. Archived 20 December 2010 at WebCite
- "Police arrest organizer at 'rally against genocide'", Knoxville News Sentinel, May 27, 2007 Archived September 17, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "White supremacist arrested at Downtown rally", WBIR-TV, May 26, 2007 Archived 20 December 2010 at WebCite
- Web page from which to download PDFs of the published issues of the newspaper The Aryan Alternative: Archived 20 December 2010 at WebCite
- ADL Report on Alex Linder: Archived 20 December 2010 at WebCite
- Vanguard News Network
- Southern Poverty Law Center Profile
- "Interview with Alex Linder of the Vanguard News Network: Jewish journalist interviews leading anti-Jewish activist", Global Politician, October 11, 2007