|Born||Alessandra Maria Luigia Polizzi di Sorrentino
28 August 1971 (age 43)
|Education||University of Oxford|
|Employer||Channel 5, BBC|
|Known for||The Hotel Inspector
Alex Polizzi: The Fixer
|Spouse(s)||Marcus Miller (m. 2007)|
|Parents||Count Alessandro Polizzi (father)
Hon. Olga Polizzi (mother; née Forte)
|Relatives||Charlie Polizzi (sister)|
Alex Polizzi was born Alessandra Maria Luigia Polizzi di Sorrentino on 28 August 1971 to father Count Alessandro Polizzi and mother Hon. Olga Polizzi (née Forte)
Polizzi comes from a long line of hoteliers, with her grandfather being Lord Forte; her mother, the hotel designer Olga Polizzi, who is Lord Forte's daughter and the sister of Sir Rocco Forte; and her father was Count Alessandro Polizzi, an Italian marquess, who died in a car accident in 1980.
Since 2008, Alex has presented the Channel 5 series The Hotel Inspector after replacing Ruth Watson. The show sees Polizzi visiting a struggling British hotel to try to turn its fortunes by giving advice and suggestions to the owner.
She also fronts the BBC Two series, Alex Polizzi: The Fixer, which focuses on her turning-around family businesses, not just hotels. The first series aired in 2012; the second in 2013 and a revisited series called The Fixer Returns also in 2013. She also presented a Christmas edition of the show for BBC Two entitled Alex Polizzi's Christmas Fix which aired in December 2013.
Alex lives in London with her husband Marcus Miller, whom she married in 2007. They have two children; Olga and Rocco.
- Ancestry UK
- "Alex Polizzi – British Hotelier and Television Presenter". Hotel & Resort Insider. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Tryhorn, Chris (24 January 2008). "News Media Channel 5 Polizzi checks in as new Hotel Inspector". theguardian.com. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Annabel (20 January 2012). "Alex Polizzi, a most unlikely sex bomb". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Alex Polizzi". TVLives.com. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- Barber, Lynn (30 October 2005). "At last, a country house where fun isn't frowned on". The Observer. London: theguardian.com. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- "Relative Values: Olga Polizzi and her daughter Alexandra". The Sunday Times (Times Newspapers Ltd). 1 July 2007. Retrieved 18 September 2013. (subscription required)
- Alex Polizzi fixes it for Kettley's (From Wharfedale Observer)
- "Hotel Inspector Alex Polizzi poached by BBC for new show". The Daily Telegraph (London: Telegraph.co.uk). 1 July 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.