|Born||Alessandra Maria Luigia Polizzi di Sorrentino
28 August 1971 (age 43)
|Education||University of Oxford|
|Employer||Channel 5, BBC|
|Known for||The Hotel Inspector
Alex Polizzi: The Fixer
Alex Polizzi's Secret Italy
Alex Polizzi For Hire
|Spouse(s)||Marcus Miller (m. 2007)|
|Children||Olga Miller, Rocco Miller|
|Parents||Count Alessandro Polizzi (father)
Hon. Olga Polizzi (mother; née Forte)
|Relatives||Charlie Polizzi (sister)|
Alex Polizzi (born Alessandra Maria Luigia Polizzi di Sorrentino on 28 August 1971) is an English-Italian hotelier and the presenter of the British television series The Hotel Inspector on Channel 5.
Polizzi comes from a long line of hoteliers, with her grandfather being Lord Forte; her mother, the hotel designer Olga Polizzi, who is Lord Forte's daughter and the sister of Sir Rocco Forte; and her father was Count Alessandro Polizzi, an Italian marquess, who died in a car accident in 1980.
Since 2008, Polizzi has presented the Channel 5 series The Hotel Inspector, replacing Ruth Watson. The show sees Polizzi visiting a struggling British hotel to try to turn its fortunes by giving advice and suggestions to the owner.
She also fronts the BBC Two series, Alex Polizzi: The Fixer, which focuses on her turning around family businesses, not just hotels. The first series aired in 2012; the second in 2013; a third in 2014 and a fifth has been confirmed to air in 2015. Polizzi also presented a revisited series called The Fixer Returns in 2013, as well as a Christmas special, which aired in December 2013.
In October 2014, Polizzi launched a new Channel 5 series, Alex Polizzi's Secret Italy, where she visits either lesser-known places within Italy or well-known towns and cities and, using local connections, shows areas that tourists would not ordinarily experience.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (November 2014)|
Polizzi lives in London with her husband Marcus Miller, whom she married in 2007. They have two children; Olga and Rocco.
- Ancestry UK
- "Alex Polizzi – British Hotelier and Television Presenter". Hotel & Resort Insider. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Tryhorn, Chris (24 January 2008). "News Media Channel 5 Polizzi checks in as new Hotel Inspector". theguardian.com. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- Annabel (20 January 2012). "Alex Polizzi, a most unlikely sex bomb". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Alex Polizzi". TVLives.com. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- Barber, Lynn (30 October 2005). "At last, a country house where fun isn't frowned on". The Observer. London: theguardian.com. Retrieved 29 August 2009.
- "Relative Values: Olga Polizzi and her daughter Alexandra". The Sunday Times (Times Newspapers Ltd). 1 July 2007. Retrieved 18 September 2013. (subscription required)
- Alex Polizzi fixes it for Kettley's (From Wharfedale Observer)
- "Hotel Inspector Alex Polizzi poached by BBC for new show". The Daily Telegraph (London: Telegraph.co.uk). 1 July 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.