Presley with the Houston Astros
|Houston Astros – No. 8|
July 25, 1985 |
|Bats: Left||Throws: Left|
|September 8, 2010 for the Pittsburgh Pirates|
(through June 16, 2014)
|Runs batted in||68|
Early and personal life
Presley was selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 8th round (230th overall) of the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft.
Presley was promoted to the major leagues for the 1st timec on September 8, 2010, and made his MLB debut the same day, getting his first major league hit off Atlanta Braves pitcher Cristhian Martínez.
He started the 2011 season with the Pirates' AAA team, Indianapolis. Presley was leading the Indians with a .336 batting average with eight home runs and 36 RBI when he was called up to MLB Pittsburgh on June 27, 2011. His .336 batting average was also the third-best in the International League at the time of his call up.
On April 7, 2012, Presley hit his first walk-off hit—an infield single off of Joe Blanton in the 10th inning, scoring Michael McKenry to give the Pirates a 2-1 win over the Phillies. Presley went 2-for-5 in the game.
Presley was recalled by the Pirates from Indianapolis on May 31, 2013. He had a game-winning, walk-off single against the St. Louis Cardinals on July 30, 2013, giving the Pirates the division lead.
On March 27, 2014 Presley was claimed off waivers by the Houston Astros.
- "Pirates' eight callups including Moss, Presley". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. September 6, 2010.
- "Lincoln among players recalled by Bucs".
- MiLB.com retrieved 6/27/2011
- "Tabata diagnosed with left quad strain".
- "Patience pays for Pirates outfielder Presley".
- Singer, Tom (April 7, 2012). "Presley legs out wild win for Bucs in 10". MLB.com.
- "Pirates Send Josh Harrison Back To Indianapolis, Recall Alex Presley". May 31, 2013. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Pirates Acquire Morneau
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)