|Date of birth||6 May 1992|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 April 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
While growing up, Pursehouse supports Sheffield Wednesday. He began his career on the youth side of Tranmere Rovers F.C.. However he did not make a first team appearance for the Birkenhead club.
Pursehouse left Tranmere Rovers to join Scottish side Kilmarnock. He made his first-team debut for Kilmarnock on 8 May 2011 as a substitute in a 2-0 Scottish Premier League defeat against Celtic. In 2011/12 season on 10 September 2011, Pursehouse made his first start and played 90 minutes at right back as Kilmarnock beat Dunfermline Athletic 3-2. After making his first start for Kilmarnock, Pursehouse said: "My priority is to make sure I'm solid as a defender but the gaffer encourages his full-backs to push on. That's enjoyable as you get the attacking side as well. It's the best of both worlds."
He went on to make a few rare appearances with the Kilmarnock squad under manager Kenny Shiels. In December 2011, Sky Sports reported that the club were set to give Pursehouse a new long-term contract. After 5 months of negotiation, Pursehouse was handed a new three-year deal on 2 April 2012. However, despite performing well preseason starting opportunities were limited and accepted a settlement from Kilmarnock to pursue regular first team football elsewhere before the transfer deadline in February 2013. Pursehouse says playing in Celtic Park was an Amazing atmosphere after being asked " the best ground you have played at".
Career After Kilmarnock
After leaving Brechin City, Pursehouse moved back to England to join Worksop Town, club based in the NPL Premier Division. He later cited in the interview that joining the club to have a "Good opportunity to play first team footbal"
- "Player Interview – Alex Pursehouse". Worksop Town Official Website. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Baz, Allan (9 May 2011). "www.killiefc.com...Player Profile....Alex Pursehouse". Killie FC.
- McDaid, David (9 May 2011). "Kilmarnock 0 - 2 Celtic". BBC News.
- "Killie to deal in starlet". Sky Sports. 19 December 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Killie deal in full-back". Sky Sports. 4 April 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Alex Pursehouse leaves the club". kilmarnockfc.co.uk (Kilmarnock F.C.). 31 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Brechin City prepare for new season". Brechin Advertiser. 14 May 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Final touches to the squadFinal touches to the squad". Worksop Town Official Website. 13 August 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.