Positions and places of work
- 1979 - 1981 - turner at "Tochelektroprylad" plant, Kyiv
- 1981 - 1983 - military service
- 1983 - 1989 - student of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Faculty of Journalism
- 1985 - 1987 - correspondent of the "News from Ukraine» newspaper
- 1987 - 1992 - correspondent and business manager at "Robitnycha gazeta" (eng. - Labour Newspaper)
- 1992 - 1993 - Director of "Inter Trade" company
- 1993 - 1995 - Vice-President of "Republic" corporation
- 1995 - 1998 - President of CJSC "Intergaz", Kyiv
Alexander Abdullin speaks English and French.
- Honoured Journalist of Ukraine in 1997
- Chernobyl Disaster Liquidator
- Order of Saint Prince Vladimir of the I and II class, Diploma of Pope John Paul II, and the medal "For Merits» of the I class (Union of Afghanistan Veterans)
- Orders of Merit, II and III class
- Diploma of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2005).
Member of Verkhovna Rada
3rd Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1998 - 2002)
- October 1998 till April 2002 - People's Deputy of the 3rd Verkhovna Rada, electoral ward No 97, Kyiv region, he won 48.8% votes, with 9 opponents. During elections he took the position of President of CJSC "Intergaz" in Kyiv city.
- February 1999 till April 2001 - the member of "Vidrodzhennya regioniv" group (eng. - Revival of the Regions)
- since April 2001 - member of the fraction of "Democratic Union" Party
- since February 1999 - member of the Committee on Construction, Transport and Communications
- March 1998 - candidate to People's Deputy from Christian-Democratic Party of Ukraine, No 10 in the list.
4th Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2002 - 2006)
Alexander Abdullin was elected by electoral site No.156 (Rivne region), nominated by election bloc of Political Parties "Democratic Party of Ukraine - Democratic Union Party". He had 34.86% votes, against 14 opponents. At the time of elections Alexander Abdullin was People's Deputy of Ukraine, member of "Democratic Union Party", member of fraction "United Ukraine" (May - June 2002), member of European Choice Group (June - December 2002), member of fraction of SDPU (December 2002 - March 2005), since March 2005 member of Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc and member of the Committee on Environmental Policy, Natural Resources and Elimination of Consequences of Chornobyl Accident (since June 2002).
|Date of accepting the MPs assignment||14 May 2002|
|Party affiliation (at the time of elections)||Democratic Union Party|
|Previous place of work||MP of Ukraine|
|Committee||Committee on Environmental Policy, Natural Resources and Elimination of Consequences of Chornobyl Accident|
|Position in the committee||member of the Committee|
|Fraction||fraction of SDPU; member of fraction "United Ukraine" (May - June 2002)|
5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2006 - present)
People's Deputy of Ukraine of the 5th Verkhovna Rada since April 2006, from Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc, No. 74 in the list. At the time of elections: People's Deputy of Ukraine, member of All-Ukrainian Union "Fatherland". Member of the Committee on Environmental Policy, Natural Resources and Elimination of Consequences of Chornobyl Accident (since June 2002), member of fraction of Yulia Tymoshenko Bloc (since May 2006), Deputy Chairman (since August 2006).
Alexander Abdullin is married with two daughters. His wife Tatyana (b. 1962) is a designer at a construction company; daughter Eugenia (b. 1988) is a graduate student, another daughter, Alexandra (b. 1991) is a schoolgirl.
- Политрада. Аналитика о политиках. Досье политиков, их обещания и цитаты. - Абдуллин Александр Рафкатович
- Александр Абдуллин - ЛІГА:Досье // Биография и фото Александр Абдуллин
- (Ukrainian) Список депутатів нової Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (11 November 2012)
- (Ukrainian) Абдуллін Олександр Рафкатович[dead link], Civil movement "Chesno"
- Poroshenko Bloc to have greatest number of seats in parliament, Ukrinform (8 November 2014)
People's Front 0.33% ahead of Poroshenko Bloc with all ballots counted in Ukraine elections - CEC, Interfax-Ukraine (8 November 2014)
Poroshenko Bloc to get 132 seats in parliament - CEC, Interfax-Ukraine (8 November 2014)
- (Ukrainian) Full electoral list of "Fatherland", TVi (15 September 2014)