Alexander Aquino, Mr. International 2001, is the second Filipino who won an international male pageant competition. A native of Southern California, Alexander grew up in Hollywood's backyard. The oldest of two, Alexander gets his multi-ethnic looks from his Spanish-Filipino father and Irish/Korean mother. After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing he spent several years climbing the corporate ladder in Seattle. His career was cut short during the dot.com melt down. It was at this same time that the modeling world came calling. Aquino headed overseas to quickly become one of Asia's leading male models. He captured Cosmopolitan Magazine's Top 10 Bachelors of the Philippines, which showcased him as the candidate to represent the country in India's prestigious male pageant, Grasim Mister International. He then captured the title.
After three years working throughout Asia and a successful modeling career, Aquino came back to the United States to pursue acting and a business venture with his cousin, Gina Alexander. With Alex's marketing and business development background, he and Gina created a team. Today, Alex and Gina are taking the business to new heights. In his spare time, Alex continues to model and pursue an acting career in Hollywood.
As both a model and a business owner, Alexander Aquino has traveled the globe. He has also gone to a lot of places off the beaten path. Alexander enjoys the sense of adventure this type of travel brings, and appreciates the opportunity to find hidden treasures along the way.
Mister International 2001 Results
- PHILIPPINES - Alexander Aquino
- VENEZUELA - Anibal Martignani Pérez
- HOLLAND - Leroy Vissers
- ENGLAND - Oliver Brann
- MOROCCO - Abdessamad Chrifi (Mr Denmark in Manhunt 01)
- NEW ZEALAND - Jason Holley (Manhunt 01)
- CUBA - Benjamin Garcia
- DENMARK - Mikael Foldager
- GREECE - Stratos Diakakis
- INDIA - Vivan Bhatena
- SINGAPORE - Nicolas Eric Brillet (Mr France in Manhunt 01)
- American Asian (2008) (post-production) .... Walt Pierce
- AmerAsian (2008) (completed) (as Alex Aquino) .... A.J.
- Goldfish (2006/I) .... Bongo
- Passions (1 episode, 2005) ... aka Harmony's Passions (USA)... aka The Passions Storm (USA: summer title) in Episode #1.1623 (2005) TV Episode
- Half & Half (1 episode, 2005)- The Big Fast Track Episode: Part 1 (2005) TV Episode
|This Filipino biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|