16 July 1903|
|Died||21 December 1983
|Allegiance|| Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1923–1945|
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 118
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Alexander Conrady (16 July 1903 – 21 December 1983) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the 36th Infantry Division. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Generalmajor Conrady was captured by Soviet troops during Operation Bagration and was held until 1954.
 Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (4 October 1939)
- 1st Class (2 July 1940)
- West Wall Medal
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (29 December 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (16 July 1942)
- Infantry Assault Badge (23 November 1941)
- German Cross in Gold (24 December 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (9 February 1944)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 131.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 62.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 3-7648-2299-6.
Generalleutnant Egon von Neindorff
|Commander of 36. Infanterie-Division
19 January 1944 – 1 July 1944
Generalmajor August Well