Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart
|Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart|
New Flyer (as New Flyer MiDi)
|Body and chassis|
|Doors||1 door or 2 doors|
|Floor type||Low floor|
|Chassis||Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart
|Engine||Cummins ISBe (ADL Enviro200 Dart)
MAN D0836 LOH 52 (MAN 14.240)
|Power output||140hp/160hp/205hp/225hp (Cummins)
|Transmission||ADL Enviro200 Dart
Allison 2100, Allison T280R, Voith DIWA823.3e, Voith DIWA824.5, Voith DIWA854.5 or ZF AS Tronic lite
Voith D854.5 or ZF 6 HP 504
|Length||8.9 metres (29 ft) - 11.3 metres (37 ft)|
|Width||2,440 millimetres (8.01 ft)|
|Curb weight||12.1-13.1 tonnes|
The Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart is a bus manufactured by Alexander Dennis since 2006 as a replacement for the Dennis Dart SLF chassis and Plaxton Pointer body. The Enviro200 Dart is also manufactured and marketed in North America by New Flyer as the MiDi.
A new updated model was released in 2014.
The Enviro200 Dart, as it was originally known, was launched by Alexander Dennis in August 2006. The bus is available in five lengths, ranging from 8.9 metres to 11.4 metres.
Unlike the innovative but unsuccessful TransBus Enviro200, the chassis of Enviro200 Dart (also known as the Dart 4) retains the conventional rear-engined layout of the Dart, and is offered with a choice of four or six-cylinder Cummins ISBe Euro IV engines with a range of transmission options, and features new front and rear axles.
It offers the same seating capacity of the Pointer, but with more 'fixed' seats rather than 'tip up' for each length. The vehicle features integrated chassis and body multiplexing, and cantilevered seats.
Externally, the bus features the same front panel as the double-deck Enviro400, projecting a "family look" onto the two models. The Enviro200 Dart chassis is also available with East Lancs Esteem and MCV Evolution bodywork.
In February 2007, the body of Enviro200 Dart became available on MAN 14.240 chassis, this is to give the option of EGR emissions reduction as some operators prefer this technology to the Cummins' SCR.
In August 2007, due to significant orders for the Enviro400, Alexander Dennis announced that the production of Enviro200 bodywork would be moved from its's plant at Falkirk to the recently acquired Plaxton factory at Scarborough. This meant that the Scarborough factory would once again be producing the bodywork for the Dart chassis, and producing the bodywork for the MAN 14.240 at the same time as the Plaxton Centro and Enviro200 bodies.
In 2008, Alexander Dennis unveiled the hybrid-electric powered version of Enviro200 Dart (known as the Enviro200H, not to be confused with the TransBus Enviro200H which was unveiled in 2003) using BAE Systems's HybriDrive series drive system with the Cummins ISBe 4-cylinder engine fitted for power generation.
In early 2011, the Enviro200 was modified in order to meet the European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA) regulations. Apart from the change of body length options, other modifications include:
- Space was reserved below the headlamps for installation of daytime running lamps.
- Offside emergency door, which was no longer mandatory for dual-door version, was relocated from the rear to the centre.
- New rear bumper was used, with lowered position for the registration number plate.
- New rear engine cover was used, without the model name 'ENVIRO200'.
Enviro200 Dart demonstrator on loan to HTL Buses in December 2006
Northumbria University Enviro200 Dart in August 2007
MTR Bus Enviro200 Dart in Hong Kong in January 2009
Competitors (chassis/complete bus):
- New Flyer in Bus Joint Venture Diesel Progress 10 May 2012
- "An operator’s bus – Alexander Dennis Limited’s new Enviro400". An operator’s bus – Alexander Dennis Limited’s new Enviro400. 12 May 2014. Retrieved 5 Nov 2014.
- Merseyside Dennis Dart Website - Archive News 28
- Buses Magazine December 2008, Issue 645
- "Route 162". Londonbusroutes.net. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 Dart Bus Fleets on the Web
- Shoal Bus Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- KCRC purchases the newest environmentally friendly buses
- Export wins boost ADL order book to record £350m Alexander Dennis
Media related to Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Dart at Wikimedia Commons
- Product description of Enviro200 Dart in Alexander Dennis official website
- Product description of Enviro200H in Alexander Dennis official website