Farnerud in a friendly game with Stuttgart
|Full name||Alexander Farnerud|
|Date of birth||1 May 1984|
|Place of birth||Landskrona, Sweden|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2006–2008||VfB Stuttgart II||4||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:19, 24 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Landskrona / Strasbourg
Born in Landskrona and raised in Helsingborg, Farnerud made his professional debuts for Landskrona BoIS, scoring in one of his first top flight matches, a 2–1 home win against reigning champions Hammarby IF.
On 15 November 2003, he was bought by France's RC Strasbourg, being an automatic first-choice in his two-and-a-half-season spell. In his first and third seasons in Ligue 1, Farnerud played alongside older brother Pontus who was first loaned by AS Monaco FC, then acquired.
Stuttgart / Brøndby
Upon Strasbourg's 2006 relegation, Farnerud moved to VfB Stuttgart in Germany, on a four-year deal. He was used sporadically during the course of two Bundesliga campaigns, appearing nine times for the 2007 champions.
On 18 January 2011 Farnerud changed teams and countries again, joining Swiss club BSC Young Boys for an undisclosed fee until 2014. On 5 February he made his Super League debut, against AC Bellinzona, and in the next game he scored twice in a 4–2 win over FC Zürich.
On 18 June 2013 Farnerud was signed by Italian side Torino, for €1.8 million on a three-year contract. He made his official debut on 17 August 2013 during Coppa Italia against contest Pescara, a 1–2 loss. On 20 October he scored his first goal in Serie A during a 3–3 home draw against Inter Milan. After a difficult start to the season, in which he was often benched, Farnerud became a regular and consistent performer for Toro, netting again in the 14th round against Genoa and two days later against Udinese. On 6 April 2014 he scored his fourth goal of the season against Catania, scoring the momentary 1–1 in an eventual 2–1 victory for Torino.
|1.||20 February 2003||National Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand||Thailand||0–3||1–4||2003 King's Cup|
|2.||28 January 2009||O.co Coliseum, Oakland, United States||Mexico||0–1||0–1||Friendly|
- "Farnerud, Alexander" (in Swedish). Svensk Fotboll. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Sweden round-up: Landskrona stun champions". UEFA.com. 4 July 2002. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Strasbourg swoop for Farnerud". UEFA.com. 15 November 2003. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Strasbourg secure second Farnerud". UEFA.com. 16 June 2005. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- "Stuttgart snap up Farnerud". UEFA.com. 29 May 2006. Archived from the original on 28 October 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Stefan Coerts (8 July 2008). "Officielt: Alexander Farnerud til Brøndby" [Official: Alexander Farnerud to Brondby] (in Danish). Bold. Retrieved 8 July 2008.
- "Farnerud klar för Young Boys" [Farnerud confirmed at Young Boys] (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. 18 January 2011. Archived from the original on 19 October 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Carminati, Nadia (19 June 2013). "Serie A side Torino announced signing of Alexander Farnerud from Young Boys". Sky Sports. Archived from the original on 2 September 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Toro, preso il jolly svedese Farnerud – A un passo il riscatto di Rodriguez" [Toro, happy Swede Farnerud acquired – Rodriguez return very close] (in Italian). La Stampa. 18 June 2013. Archived from the original on 20 October 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Torino: Farnerud, l'alfiere indispensabile di Ventura" [Torino: Farnerud, Ventura's essential bishop] (in Italian). Calcio Mercato. 13 December 2013. Archived from the original on 15 December 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Udinese-Torino 0–2. Gol di Farnerud e Immobile" [Udinese-Torino 0–2. Goals by Farnerud and Immobile] (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 15 December 2013. Archived from the original on 15 December 2013. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "A. Farnerud". Soccerway. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- L'Équipe stats (French)
- Alexander Farnerud French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- Alexander Farnerud at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Alexander Farnerud at National-Football-Teams.com
- Alexander Farnerud profile at Soccerway